Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images

DIY hammock help

Looking to sew up another hammock for myself, this time utilizing rip stop as opposed to crinkle teffetta. Looking to go UL with this one and am hoping to get weight down to about 7 ounces. Inquiring about Argon strength for a hammock in the meantime.

I really enjoy the foot box of my WBBB and was wondering what the fabric dimensions should be and how to go about getting a footbox in my DIY.

I plan on going netless (well modular with a Fronky net), but find my WBBB so comfortable.

I like the way the hammock looks that Xtrekker just posted here on the forums and his you tube channel. Very nice and I may utilize that tutorial. But if a footbox could be sewn easily, why not right? :P
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    If you do a footbox for your hammock, I think the hammock needs to be in the shape of a trapezoid to accommodate for the fabric on the footbox side being reduced in length. There was a thread on this where they discussed this but they were cutting their hammocks in the shape of a parallelogram. I have never made one but if and when I do, I will use a trapezoid shape.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    The best guide to making a blackbird clone is here - http://www.blackgoatgear.com/2011/04...k-pattern.html

Wish I could help you more, but foot box construction is voodoo to me and I stay away from stuff like that as my head would probably explode or something.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Attempting a DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DiY Cat Cut
    Suspension
    Whoopies

DIY hammock help

I just got some Argon today and tomorrow I am going to see how it handles strength wise. It's super light stuff so it would be great if it held up. I have my doubts since I was able to tear it easily by hand. I will post my results when I have some.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Sgt. Rock has plans for his Ghost hammock....I'm pretty sure it has a footbox on it.

Here's a link to that. Hope it helps

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=43521
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images

Re: DIY hammock help

Thanks for the links, my bookmarks list grows once again, lol.

Please let me know how argon holds up. I was thinking about using it but wanted to see what people thought about it as a hammock.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

• + New Posts