Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Be aware that when you take off the stock suspension you probably void the warranty and render the hammock broken as in you broke it you bought it. Many of us will no longer be interested in buying it should you decide to move on. All that for saving 2 -4 ounces. You would be better served by tying a bowline in the stock rope or using rappel rings to terminate the rope near the hammock and then add whatever suspension you want to try. Once you settle on a setup then think about making changes to the hammock itself.
    Interesting observations. But it seems to me that the folks here look for mods and " improvements". There will always be those who want stock so they can mod it themselves.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Interesting observations. But it seems to me that the folks here look for mods and " improvements". There will always be those who want stock so they can mod it themselves.
    Poorly done mods are a safety hazard. It's that simple. Without knowing what was done and how it was done, a mod, particularly to suspension, will be viewed very skeptically. You can dress the logic up any way you want, but reselling a stock piece that has been modded is a gamble at best and a lost cause at worst.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    In addition to Arrowhead Equipment, suggest u look at the Jacks R Better site.

There is a sub forum here where most of our cottage suppliers have a link.

In a nano-second you could have the Kindle version of The Ultimate Hang. (Assuming U can download the free Kindle app onto a smartphone or tablet in Canada.) That would be your hammocking bible. Author Derek Hansen also has a blog. Google Ultimate hang.

You did say that you have plenty of time for all this research didn't you?
    Last edited by sandykayak; 09-11-2013 at 16:55. Reason: Bad grammar!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images

Re: Frustrated with this hammocking buisness!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitino View Post
    What sealed the deal for me was hanging under a tarp on a lazy rainy afternoon. It was like being in heaven. Now I look forward to camping when rain is in the forecast.
    Man I am with you on that, it sold me. Also when I was hanging over a stream listening to the crickets and frogs around me, croaking and jumping in the stream. It was heaven. Over two years ago and I remember every second - at least when I was awake ;-) . Sold sine those two moments.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678