Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles

The 1-piece Z-liner

Well, the recent Clark sale resulted in a lot of new Clark owners and a lot of welcome discussion on the Clark forum . I'm glad to see that as I feel the Clark deserves much more attention than it gets.
    So...about that Z-liner made for the Tropical model...It looks to me that it addresses a lot of the things many folks did not like about the 6 pads of the other style Z-liner and also some of the issues with 'normal' underquilts.
    The 1-piece Z-liner provides no gaps/cold spots, full coverage, secure attachment, custom fit, reasonable weight for a synthetic quilt, and is priced reasonably.
    But - there is limited information about it on the Clark website (and no pictures).
    Is anyone using one of these yet? Any comments to share?
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Clark
    Tarp
    Clark
    Insulation
    Clark UQ
    +1 and thanks

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Tarp
    OEM
    Insulation
    AHE White Cloud
    Suspension
    OEM
    Well, no one has commented on the one piece insulation pad as yet. I just bought the TX-250 and the pad so, after I have rcvd and used both, I'll post back.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonopah View Post
    Well, no one has commented on the one piece insulation pad as yet. I just bought the TX-250 and the pad so, after I have rcvd and used both, I'll post back.
    Thank you. I am looking forward to hearing your impressions of it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles

Impatient bump - I'm getting cold!

I apologize for the impatience but during some backyard testing last night I decided to move inside at 33 degrees because my PLUQ just wasn't keeping me warm. That surprised me because I have been down to 29 degrees just fine.
    That renewed my interest in the custom fitted UQ from Clark for the Tropical.

So - Tonopah, (or anyone else) have you had a chance to do any testing with your setup yet?
    Any pics?

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    I'll be doing some backyard testing myself tonight with my NX 250 and z liners...supposed to get down to 34 deg with 6 mph wind. See if I can go with just light clothing.

From the top of my thigh to the channel foot end of the hammock is the 1 piece (lightbulb shape) part of the NX z liner that is pretty much bullet proof, and I think is pretty much similar to what you're talking about on your TX. Once it is securely attached to the hammock with the velcro, it can't bunch up or move, or form open pockets, or anything else that causes problems in a normal UQ. The 6 pads are a different story because I have to be careful to make sure the pads are stuffed ALL the way to the bottom and ALL the way to the sides. And the pads are 2 different sizes and I have to be careful about that too. But if I'm careful setting up, I'll be fine...tonight will tell but I'm confident.

I say go ahead and get that 1 piece z liner... like I said, if its like the foot end of my NX z liner, you can't set it up wrong. Maybe call up clark and get the details and a pic of it. But I'd get it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Let us know how it works tonite Outdoorsguy.
    Yes, I like the design of the foot piece for the NX. A 1-piece UQ of the same design seems like a very good idea.
    FIY - last night when it was 33 degrees outside the temperature inside the hammock, measured at netting level at about my waistline, with the storm shield open about 6 inches above my head, was 47 degrees. With a 30 degree Military Patrol bag and cotton T-shirt and underwear I was very comfortable except for my bottom side.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Tarp
    OEM
    Insulation
    AHE White Cloud
    Suspension
    OEM
    I set up my TX-250 for the first time today. I have no appropriate trees where I live so I hung it from the roof rack of my Jeep and the gate of a trailer. I can't get it as high as I'd like but it appears basically ok.

I installed the one piece Z-liner and was impressed with how it attaches to the bottom of the hammock. There is a front (head) end and a rear (foot) end to the Z-liner. It covers the entire bottom of the hammock. It seems quite secure.

I'll use the set up tonight and report back.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Curious minds want to know. Let us know how well it does for keeping you warm.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Curious minds want to know. Let us know how well it does for keeping you warm.
    +1.... plus take a picture of the bottom please, I'm curious what the z liner on a TX looks like.

I did my backyard test a few nights ago with my NX 250. It got down to 29 and my z liners worked ok...but I had to come in and grab my thin, egg crate surfaced ccf about 2 am. My back wasn't really cold, but was getting cool. Then I started getting cold under my AHE Owyhee OQ about 3 am and I finally bailed into the house, chilled, about 5 am. Never really got super cold, but was just uncomfortable enough not to be able to sleep, you know?

I was wearing 2 sweatshirts and 2 sweatpants, plus a watch cap. I am a VERY cold sleeper. Lesson learned: wear good polypro long underwear and a good winter jacket next time...plus a hot water bottle ....plus 1 or 2 chemical toe warmers.

Backyard testing...priceless.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast