Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The cats in the cradle

Yesterday I finally got around to setting up an indoor hang ostensibly for gear testing but it will also get used on the odd occasions when I have excess visitors.

Within minutes of getting into the hammock the cat had joined me. Does anyone else worry about hammocks and sharp claws?

uploadfromtaptalk1378630498028.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378630521855.jpg

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I worry, for the dogs they have booties, that way I am not concerned about a hole in the hammock. My cats are a problem.

I see your cat has complete ownership of you and his/her hammock. I just love the attitude.

Re: The cats in the cradle

It's true, I know my place as part of the (down) trodden masses. Tolerated for providing food, warmth and occasionally stroking.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Yes!!! We have 2 cats and they constantly insist on going into my gear room. The other day one of them ran by me, heads into the gear room, climbs up a shelf where I keep my quilts laid out, and burrows into the center of my lynx UQ! (of course she picked the most expensive quilt I own) I was horrified, and carefully extracted the cat, and relocated her to another room (after a stern talking to about what would happen if I find her up there again)----what was a little disturbing was, she seemed awfully familure with the room, and knew exactly where to go---apparently not her first trip to the gear room for a nap! (FYI no quilts, or cats were harmed during this story!) The same cat got out one night, (with out my knowing ) -------I was hanging in my hammock in the backyard, and had just gone to sleep. She jumped in the hammock with me! (scared the crap out of me--shes a pretty big cat!)----winter time, didnt have a net on the hammock
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    They have those claw tips for cats and even some for dogs. I've never used, and can't imagine trying to get them on, but some people find them very useful and the youtube videos make it look easy. My cat is 25 lbs, so I'm not going to battle with him, he'll always win.

Hammock
    DH thunderbird, TTTG switchback
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    pads, -25*UQ,0*TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    ah cats. while trying to rig my tarp lines outside on the stand my cats(2) felt the need to play with my whoopee slings(freaked out), then the guy lines with shock cord. bigger freak out as one got his nail stuck in the shock cord. last night I figured a way to pitch hammock inside the house and one of the cats slept on me the whole time. I didn't mind that as I had blankets all over the place so she couldn't come into contact with the material. cats and hammock are a cute but ugly ( as we freak out) combination. splicing the amsteel and zing it with them in the house is just as nerve wrecking.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    I worry about my cat jumping into the hammock: 1. because he's 18 lbs and it feels getting punched in the stomach. 2. when the hammock starts to sway under is weight, he anchors himself to my flesh with his claws.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Both of my cats will get in the hammock with me. One, Belle, is in love with my down and I have to be ever vigilant to keep it away from her. I can't use a down UQ when hanging inside because Belle will burrow between the hammock and the UQ and have to every carefully extracted. When I sleep outside, my husband lets her out in the morning and she will find and join me in the hammock. So far, no damage to hammock gear, but it is really hard on the stomach when the cats jump in or out. They make a pretty good TQ when they are both sleeping on me.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    my two cats sleep with me all the time, and my little boy cat sleeps in the hammock by himself a lot, they love it. Nothing beats a purring kittykat unless it's two. And a kitty topquilt is soooo, warm! No holes in my hammocks yet, just keep some blankets in there
    Debi

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Hope your cat is declawed!

My cat scares the heck out of me when he comes near my gear. He loves to be pet and "stretch" his claws, I am assuming all cats do that.

He actually almost foiled my DIY tq. He stretched out on the fabric and put a tiny puncture in the fabric, luckily it was fabric that I had to trim off anyway, but if it was in the useable area, I would have been sadddd.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast