WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    I've been following along DivaB and wish you the best.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Vivere Brazilian-Style Double
    My partner and I are full-timers and we sleep in two hammocks in the same room. Both are set up on stands and close enough to hold hands and rock each other when we're lounging watching movies. We also get in plenty of snuggles on the couch and so on.

We cuddle in one hammock regularly and we'll nap together in it, but don't sleep a whole night. Both hammocks are double Brazilians.

It does take a bit of synchronization, and it helps if both parties are experienced hammockers, but it certainly can be done, and once you figure out what works for you, it's very comfortable.

The thing about two in a hammock is that a hammock naturally pulls everything toward the center, so trying to create 'elbow room' between you is just fighting the hammock and it makes it quite uncomfortable. Cozying up and aligning your bodies so that you lay as one gives the best result in my experience.

As far as more 'strenuous' activities, hammocks are great for that too, once you get the hang of maneuvering in it. I'll try to put this delicately and keep it PG, but I think you could see how a hammock is basically an 'adult play swing' that you don't have to hide when the neighbors come over.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234