Options for removable ridgeline and bugnet?

Hi all,

Very new to hammocks and all, so pardon the inaccuracies and multiple questions..

I have recently purchased a WarBonnet Mamajamba and will be hanging it with a CRL using Zing-it and Dutch hardware. The CRL will be over the tarp. Entire tarp setup will be in a snakeskin purchased from Mountain Goat.

Hammock is a Kammok Roo with all the suspension replaced with Dutch hooks larked to the hammock using amsteel continuous loops, whoopies and tree huggers.

I will need a bugnet since its bug season all year round here. So the questions are :

A) What's the best way for me to hang a bugnet? It should be accessible even if the tarp is still in the snakeskin and it should ideally be removable when the bugnet is not needed.

B) What's a suitable and best bugnet for the Roo? Bearing in mind that I will not be DIYing since I absolutely suck at it..

Thanks in advance!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    kAQ New River, DIY
    Suspension
    Varies w/hammock
    well your suspension for the net will be determined by which net you get. The ENO net hangs below a ridge line, where as the DIY one I made the net hangs over the ridge line.

I made an ENO style loop in the end of my hammock with a knot at the base of the loop for a ridge line loop to hang off of. I pass my bug net over the hammock and ridge line.

EDIT: usually the ridge line for your rain fly and a structural ridge line for the hammock are two different lines. If you're not going to do a hammock ridge line, and you want to have a bug net, you would probably be better served with a ENO style where the net hangs from the ridge line from webbing loops. I don't know about your hammock, so I'm not suguesting you get the ENO bug net. The DIY net I made is just barely big enough for my hammock and I can only hang it one way, and it doesn't cover the bottom of the hammock completely. some are ok with that, some would not be. YMMV

• + New Posts