Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO Double
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Why aren't Eno Double Nests more popular?

I have a double nest and really like it. It's nice and comfy, it's wide enough that when I have tree that are too close I can hang it with a lot of sag and still be comfortable laying on the diagonal.

When I do searches on the forum there are very few posts on the ENos. it seems like that are used more as backyard hammock instead of serious camping hammocks.

I don't have a lot of hammock experience other than my double nest. I've tried a Hennesy but am not a fan of the bottom entrance. I'm just wondering what makes the other hammocks more popular than the Enos which are sold at rei so practically everyone has access to them.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I tend to do exactly what you said, I mostly use my parachute hammocks as loungers; not campers. However, Genuine Draft and I did several miles on the AT double sleeping in my TrekLight Double. Once she got comfortable in the woods, I went back to my Warbonnet. She hiked another 400+ miles using the TrekLight as her camper hammock.

Lack of an integrated bug netting is some of it I think. They are very comfortable hammocks, but heavier than an equivalent hammock made with ripstop.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I tend to do exactly what you said, I mostly use my parachute hammocks as loungers; not campers. However, Genuine Draft and I did several miles on the AT double sleeping in my TrekLight Double. Once she got comfortable in the woods, I went back to my Warbonnet. She hiked another 400+ miles using the TrekLight as her camper hammock.

Lack of an integrated bug netting is some of it I think. They are very comfortable hammocks, but heavier than an equivalent hammock made with ripstop.
    I've been reading some about your hammocks, do they work well with underquilts? Also what are the weight limits on them? Do you have a website with more info on them? When I do a search all I get is a thread off the forum.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I wish I could take credit for the Blackbirds. Alas, I'm just a junkie.
    Warbonnetguy (Brandon) is the man with the plan. He has a site set-up here.

They work great with UQs and the double layer 1.7 is probably strong enough to hold a 300+ pounder, but you'd want to check with Brandon about that.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I think the HAAB (Hook And Attached Bag) style hammocks like the ENO are pretty popular.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dual Layer 1.7 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Landau 3/16" pad
    Images
    The 1.1 double layer Blackbirds are good up until you are closing in on 200lbs. They will hold more but according to Brandon, are more susceptible to stretching somewhat. So, 200 is a good rule of thumb weight to move up to the 1.7 double layer fabric. Like Cannibal said you might want to check with Warbonnetguy on this. Im sure he himself will comment when he gets online. He is busy building me 2 more of those works of art called Blackbirds.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have the ENO doublenest and like it, however I have it set up on a stand in my spare room. The reason I dont use it for camping is the lack of a bug net. The doublenest is a good value but the added 70ish dollars for a bug net is a lot. For me you can get a better camping hammock for the same price as an ENO with bug net. Thats why I use the ENO for a lounger and my JRB BMBH for a camper

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Eno hammocks are incredibly popular, even if this forum doesn't reflect it. I probably see ten ENOs for every one HH when I'm out camping. And I have never run into a BB, claytor, Clark, JRB, etc while out camping, even though those are all fairly popular here.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    Eno hammocks are incredibly popular, even if this forum doesn't reflect it. I probably see ten ENOs for every one HH when I'm out camping. And I have never run into a BB, claytor, Clark, JRB, etc while out camping, even though those are all fairly popular here.
    Really? That surprises me.
    HHs outnumbered everything else by a large margin on the AT last year. I've seen a few ENO out here, but probably just as many HHs. Course, I can count all the hammock campers I've seen out here on 2 hands.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    My girlfriend Dancer, my son Short Stuff and I all use ENO DoubleNest hammocks. Excellent bang for the buck, if you like a top-loading hammock.

*Avoid their tarps and SlapStraps at all costs, though.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast