WL Lite Owl & ENO DN
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Buckle or Whoopie
    To answer the most basic questions...

The Nube (new-bay), is an integrated water barrier/insect shield/gear storage hammock shelter.

The shaped, closed end, water-proof tarp supports a sewn in bug net and gear storage pouch.

The price for a Nube is $275.

Here's a description and the specs taken from the website, wwwsierramadreresearch.com:

What is the Nubé?

The Nubé (new-bay) is more than just a hammock shelter, it’s a safe haven for you and your gear wherever you are. With it’s patent pending 3 in 1 system the Nubé is the most complete hammock shelter ever produced. The Nubé protects you from torrential down pours, pesky insects, and keeps your gear elevated and protected, allowing you to freely venture in comfort. The Nubé is designed to be compatible with any camping hammock, so now we can all enjoy complete elevated protection!

Specifications (approximate dimensions and weights may change slightly with production):

Length: 13 ft (3.96 m)
    Set-Up Width (center): (min) 7.5 ft (2.28 m) / (max) 10.0 ft (3.04 m)
    Nubé Weight (no stakes): 2 lbs (0.90 kg)
    Total Weight (with stakes): 2.24 lbs (1.01 kg)
    Packed Size: 10 in x 6 in x 6 in (25.4 cm x 15.25 cm x 15.25 cm)
    Water Barrier Fabric: 40 Denier Nylon Rip Stop with 2 coats of silicone on the top and bottom of the fabric.
    Insect Shield: No-Seeum Polyester Mesh fabric
    Gear Storage: 70 Denier Nylon Rip Stop with a PU coating of 1200mm
    Nubé Stake Length: 7 in (18cm)

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1/ DIY SL Digicam 1.8
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ / DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Sure seems like this thing would be 'cold' to sleep in given how high the tarp is off the ground. I know it can be lowered, but then how do you get in given the tree sides are so low? Love the outside of the box thinking - integrated bug-net to tarp, gear hammock, double decker capabilities, etc.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I'm not in the market for a new hammock or tarp right now (very happy with my bridge system!) But I have to say, I've been really impressed with the Nub'e website, how the owners have represented themselves, etc etc---definitely a class act! (and I love the idea of helping local people support themselves!) So, just wanted to say "good luck guys and keep up the good work!" (really is a clever design!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12