Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge/SB
    Images

CCF in addition to...

Though it's just starting to cool off at night, I'm trying to prepare for my first fall in a hammock. Based on reviews on here, I'm confident a CCF pad will do the trick.

I still plan on using my Jarbridge, but I'm trying to figure out what thickness of pad to get. I'm in NE CT & plan on going out into the mid teens, which should cover most of the winter. I'm also a relatively warm sleeper.

Just looking quick at Cabela's, there's a few different ratings that leave me confused. I don't necessarily plan on buying at Cabela's, especially if anyone could point me in the direction of even less expensive options.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    If you are getting ccf, no need to get some name brand expensive piece of foam. Most box stores like wally world will have 3/8 in blue ccf. It's like $10. Get two.

edit: I just noticed you are using a WBBB. Based on observation of users here, BB owners seem to not like pads at a greater frequency than other hammocks. Not entirely sure why.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
    If you are getting ccf, no need to get some name brand expensive piece of foam. Most box stores like wally world will have 3/8 in blue ccf. It's like $10. Get two.

edit: I just noticed you are using a WBBB. Based on observation of users here, BB owners seem to not like pads at a greater frequency than other hammocks. Not entirely sure why.
    Interesting observation on WBBB users not liking pads. I've got a WBBB and can't seem to get pads to work even though I'd like to. I just can't get the pad in the right place.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    The trick is to get a wide pad to reduce the movement of the pad. Also using a double layer hammock works better than a single layer hammock. While I have used pads in the past I find UQ much more comfortable.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    OES Spinn
    Insulation
    RAB & WM Blue CCF
    Suspension
    Many DIY

CCF in addition to...

Walmart now carries a wider CCF pad that is green in color. It works great.
    Zach Rohe Photography https://zachrohe.com

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge/SB
    Images

Re: CCF in addition to...

[QUOTE=DuctTape;1091135Most box stores like wally world will have 3/8 in blue ccf. It's like $10. Get two.QUOTE]

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I knew Wally World was the go-to place, just wasn't sure exactly what to get. Also, thanks Downhill Trucker, I'll be on the lookout!

My WBBB is double layered, so hopefully it helps some. I already assumed pads wouldn't be as comfortable as an UQ, but I can suffer through it... It's got to be more comfortable than going to ground!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    OES Spinn
    Insulation
    RAB & WM Blue CCF
    Suspension
    Many DIY

CCF in addition to...

The green pad works great because you don't have to join the two pads. It also has a textured surface that helps it from sliding.

If you join two, I suggest a bead of superglue on each edge before you duct tape. It really helps the two blue pads stick together. I used a blue pad with "wings" until I discovered the green CCF. I trimmed to the shape of my torso as well.
    Zach Rohe Photography https://zachrohe.com

• + New Posts