WBBB 1.1 dbl, XLC 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG B/I 20*
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

What is your Hammock Index?

Here in Minnesota there is a radio talk-show called Garage Logic hosted by Joe Soucheray. Garage Logic is a place where it's understood that any problem worth discussing can be solved in the garage. One of the more common sayings is "What is your cylinder index?". Your cylinder index is the total number of cylinders of all the internal combustion engines you own. The official definition is as follows:

The Cylinder Index (or C.I.) was established on the basis of Soucheray's enthusiastic fascination with internal combustion engines. It is a measurement device in which the total number of internal combustion engine cylinders (working or non-working) owned by an individual (single-cylinder chainsaws, lawnmowers, 2-cycle, 4-cycle, multi-cylinder diesels, trucks and farm tractors) are tallied. The Garage Logician who attains a C.I. in excess of his age is revered.

So in my case I have two 8 cylinder vehicles, a 6 cylinder vehicle, a snow blower, lawn mower, and a weed whip which totals to a cylinder index of 25. I'm 49 and not even close to a revered Garage Logician.

Being a hammock enthusiast for about a year now and starting to acquire hammocks, I was thinking a Hammock Index can be applied to us hammockers. The official definition is as follows (and open for modifications):

The Hammock Index (or H.I.) was established on the basis of campers enthusiastic fascinations with hammocks. It is a measurement device in which the total number of hammocks (using or not-using) owned by an individual are tallied. The individual who attains an H.I. in excess of more hammocks that a person would ever need is revered.

In my case I have a WBBB, DIY, Yukon (woot special), and an WBBB XLC on order with a H.I. of 4. Is that in excess of more hammocks that one would ever need? I don’t know, not sure what that number would be.

So my question is, what is your Hammock Index?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    atm I have an hi of 6. WBBB, WBBB XLC, Walmart Special, Academy Special, Skeeter Beater Pro, and DD Frontline.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    1 SL tablecloth hammock, 1 DL tablecloth hammock, 1 BIAS WWM, 1 BIAS WW DL, 2 Byer Moskito hammocks, and 1 HH Exped Asym Zip equals HI of 7.

I have backup hammocks to my backup hammocks and I honestly don't even know how many I have.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Standard Blue
    Insulation
    pad and sleep. bag
    Suspension
    Tree Huggers
    Lets see.... My HI is 2 Grand Trunks, 1 Hammock Bliss and 1 Poly rope hammock from the '70's that's still useful. That makes four and I need to get a backup in case something happens on a long excursion like a tear or other problem, Eventually that would make five.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I suppose that with a HI of 2 I would never get close to "Revered".. but I am comfy with a 2. My WBBB and my HH Expedition work great. I am entertaining the idea of getting a WB Traveler or something like it for winter camping.
    Now if we were talking the Stove Index (S.I.) I would be an S.I. of 19... still rookie status compared to some.
    Jerry
    "I too have kept the Vigil"
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    My HI=6, I'm new.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie

What is your Hammock Index?

I think I'm cheating. I bought ten hammocks at the grand opening of target in Canada. They are for gifts. So that makes my H.I 14. But I claim 4, two ENO DN, a BIAS camper, and a DD jungle.
    Carpe noctem!!

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    6 and I've given away 2. 7 if you count that bedsheet one thats wadded up in my closet. I really should clean the closet cuzz that sucker was what convinced me to get some real material.

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    HI: 9. Sewing another this weekend so will be 10.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast