WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

It's official

I will be taking a bicycle trip from Georgetown DC to Cumberland MD on the C&O Tow Path. I will be leaving on the 3rd of May 2014 and returning somewhere around the 7th. I really wanted to do the whole thing to Pittsburg PA, continuing onto the GAP Trail completing about 335 miles but with a career, family, and everything else I am so pumped that I get to do the C&O!!

My hammock gear is basically ready along with my hiking/camping gear. The only thing I have left to buy for the hammock is a UQ and a TQ. This coming Friday, two days away, I will be buying the Lynx UQ so all I really have left to buy is the TQ and in a pinch I will use my sleeping bag.

My bike needs to be outfitted with racks and panniers and a few other things I will need. I am really pumped about this, I can't wait! Right now it's just me so I have to find someone to ride with as I promised the wife I would not go alone. Before she signed off on it that was her only stipulation. Funny, I was in the Marine Corps and went to very far away strange lands, I came home and spent 8 years as a city police officer here in Richmond Va and 4 of those years I was assigned to SWAT, I left there and spent two years with a county PD and I left there in 06 and I have been working as a Firefighter since......but I cannot ride my bike alone.......on a trail. Oh well, she is really good to me and I love her dearly, I will find someone to ride.

Anyway, I am pumped and I wanted to share. Thanks for reading.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    DIY standard gathered end (DL 1.1)
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9
    Insulation
    Nada ... yet
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Sounds like a good trip. There are several hangers here that bike-pack. You may want to make the $10 donation to the site, it will let you have access to the extra thread topics ... including the new bike-packing area.

I completely understand your wife; she must be related to mine. I have a history of getting hurt during PT involving sports (severely sprained ankle, a broken finger, pulled muscles), but never hurt during training or on missions ... can't figure that one out.

STinGa
    Sarcasm is a dying art.

Eagle Scout September '85 Troop 339 Smyrna, TN

Hammock
    Byer Moskito (first one)
    Images
    I'm almost willing to come over from TN and ride just fill the last check mark. On the contrary, I don't think my wife has ever said be careful.... maybe she knows me too well to waste her breath.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I have thought about doing that STinGA, not sure why I haven't. I will look into it.
    C'mon outdoordad! The more the merrier.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

• + New Posts