Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 240
  1. #51
    Senior Member P-47ChowHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Red Bank NJ
    Hammock
    NX250, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Zliner, AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Posts
    144
    I updated spread sheet. Can not stay, getting my granddaughter for the weekend.
    I would like to know where you end up cause I would like to come for a few hours to see set ups and ask questions. Still need to get a group hang.
    "I ain't no physciscisk, but I knows what matters"
    Popeye

  2. #52
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Posts
    8,670
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    I figured. I even updated it for you, deadbeat. Though are you really bringing a +1?
    Guy says he is coming, but I don't know his reliability factor. He could be one of those that say they're coming but never come.

  3. #53
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Hammock
    DH-TB 11', WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear!
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by P-47ChowHound View Post
    I updated spread sheet. Can not stay, getting my granddaughter for the weekend.
    I would like to know where you end up cause I would like to come for a few hours to see set ups and ask questions. Still need to get a group hang.
    Understood. Got to take care of family first! Thanks for updating the sheet.

    If we end up at someplace like Batona on Saturday, you can drive up and say hi.

    Otherwise, either of the other locations are a few hours hike into the pine barrens. So dropping in, while not discouraged, might be difficult.

  4. #54
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Posts
    8,670
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    Understood. Got to take care of family first! Thanks for updating the sheet.

    If we end up at someplace like Batona on Saturday, you can drive up and say hi.

    Otherwise, either of the other locations are a few hours hike into the pine barrens. So dropping in, while not discouraged, might be difficult.
    Well, you could drive within 1 mile of Mullica, and within 1/3 of a mile of Lower Forge on the sugar-sand back roads. However, four-wheel drive is probably recommended for that experience.

  5. #55
    kayak karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South, South Jersey
    Posts
    3,347
    Images
    7
    have yous decided where?
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

  6. #56
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Hammock
    DH-TB 11', WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear!
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    have yous decided where?
    Not really.

    Lower Forge is familiar ground, and we know exactly which sites can hold how many people. But numbers might be a few too many for Lower Forge to support. Unfortunately unfamiliarity with Mullica makes it difficult to just go ahead and reserve sites there.

    Luckily both camps are still almost completely open that weekend - so we're not down to the wire yet.

  7. #57
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Hammock
    Nano 7, Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Equinox 10x10
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Is that you, Tate? You're the only Kammock Roo owner in Monmouth County, ya know.
    yep, it's me.

  8. #58
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Posts
    8,670
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabound View Post
    yep, it's me.
    I thought that was you. Congratulations on your third post to Hammock Forums; glad I could contribute to this important milestone! Welcome!

    I listed you as my +1 'cause I didn't know if you were on the forum. I've hung/hiked with 90% of the people on the list, and they're some fine folks - a wide range of backgrounds and ages.

    Congrats on the Incubator. That's gonna keep you warm in the piney woods.

  9. #59
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Hammock
    DH-TB 11', WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear!
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I thought that was you. Congratulations on your third post to Hammock Forums; glad I could contribute to this important milestone! Welcome!

    I listed you as my +1 'cause I didn't know if you were on the forum. I've hung/hiked with 90% of the people on the list, and they're some fine folks - a wide range of backgrounds and ages.

    Congrats on the Incubator. That's gonna keep you warm in the piney woods.
    And he even went and updated the sheet. And removed your +1 (since it was him).

    Welcome aboard, Tate. We'll try not to hold it against you that you have a Roo.

  10. #60
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Posts
    8,670
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    And he even went and updated the sheet. And removed your +1 (since it was him).

    Welcome aboard, Tate. We'll try not to hold it against you that you have a Roo.
    Too funny. I went to delete my plus one and it was gone!

Similar Threads

  1. 2nd Annual NJ Thanksgiving Weekend Hang
    By silentorpheus in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 21:37
  2. NJ>Pine Barrens Lower Forge Hang>Sat, June 29
    By SilvrSurfr in forum Northeast
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 13:21
  3. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 12:21
  4. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 22:46
  5. Hike & Hang NJ Pine Barrens Batona Trail 12/9 to 12/11?
    By SilvrSurfr in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 12:34

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •