Thread: Greylock 4

Hammock
    WBBB
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings

Greylock 4

I recently received my new Greylock 4 (with 800fp activ-dri) underquilt from JRB and I just had a few questions for you Greylock 4 users out there. What do your Greylock 4's weigh in at? The spec on it was 18oz (actually they listed 17oz on the quilt comparison chart) but mine weighs in at 20.5oz. I don't expect the manufacture's weights to be dead on but I hoped it would be closer than that. Have you had any problems with the lack of draft tubes on this underquilt? It seems like the baffles running perpendicular to the hammock should take care of most of the potential issues, but since it's going to be a while before I'm somewhere cold enough to really put this to the test I'd like your input. Overall I'm really impressed with the quality of materials and construction. Thanks!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketBoy View Post
    I recently received my new Greylock 4 (with 800fp activ-dri) underquilt from JRB and I just had a few questions for you Greylock 4 users out there. What do your Greylock 4's weigh in at? The spec on it was 18oz (actually they listed 17oz on the quilt comparison chart) but mine weighs in at 20.5oz. I don't expect the manufacture's weights to be dead on but I hoped it would be closer than that. Have you had any problems with the lack of draft tubes on this underquilt? It seems like the baffles running perpendicular to the hammock should take care of most of the potential issues, but since it's going to be a while before I'm somewhere cold enough to really put this to the test I'd like your input. Overall I'm really impressed with the quality of materials and construction. Thanks!
    I have one and it weighs 20.1 ounces.
    Can't wait to get it out this year.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Best to call/e-mail JRB. But I'm thinking you guys somehow ended up with some extra down, overstuff which will probably translate to a slightly thicker and warmer than rated quilt?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    My Greylock 3 actually weighs 16.1 oz (2.1 more than it's supposed to be, just like y'all's measurements). I wonder if JRB posts the weight of the quilt without the shock cord? The shock cord/biners could be 2.1 oz... I'd weigh it, but I'm displaced because of the Colorado floods... :-( But no worries, the quilts & hammocks are dry!
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    DIY TQ / JRB UQ
    Images
    I am in the same boat as you are - waiting (im)patiently for cold weather. I just weighed mine at 20.7 oz on my kitchen scale. Don't forget they're overstuffed at least 15%

I have a couple of trips set up for the first two weekends of October to test it out - finally

Cheers
    Last edited by Ike; 09-17-2013 at 22:04.

• + New Posts