Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)

lets talk yeti

I've started the UQ quest.

Looked at the Yeti. It seems really small, though made for the WBBB, and I've seen several examples of Brandon's work--all good.

Comments?

If not Yeti then I'd be looking at a more substantial UQ. Maybe full length, maybe not. I'm cool with a foot pad.

Looking at Down, 20/30 F.
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have slept warm and well with my Winter Yeti.
    Pad for my feet.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Pad for my feet.
    Shug
    +1..............

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension

and the Shug speaketh

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Pad for my feet.
    Shug
    I bow to the mighty Shug. Lo, I have seen many a Shug vid, and they are good.
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension

and yet...

I'm curious to hear how in use the Yeti (at 46 inches long) somehow works the same as all other UQ's I've seen notably longer at 52, 55+ inches. Thoughts?

And has anyone heard from our friend in Colorado since the Great Flood? It just occurred to me that WB Outdoors is in Colorado. . .
    //

Hammock
    Dream hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Nub'a
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Ive had my yeti on both the wbbb and my Clark 250. As far as fitting on other hammocks, I think it fits on my Clark better then on any as asemetric hammock. I've had the standard yeti down to 26 degrees with my Clark with no frozen butt. Below about 50 you will want something under your feet but from butt to shoulders will be toasty

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    They are in Ft Collins, which has not had a big problem with flooding. The epicenter of the flooding is the Boulder-Longmont-Erie triangle.
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

Images
    I have the original synthetic version of the Yeti, and I think that other than down vs Climashield, they are pretty identical. Yes, it is the smallest of the small UQs. But as far as I can tell- and I am not small- it is big enough. Size 45 jacket here, but when I am on the diagonal, it covers my left shoulder with plenty left over for my rt shoulder, and from the back of my neck to maybe mid thigh at the most, or a tad less maybe. Big enough. A pad covers the rest. For me, leg pads don't have any of the problems associated with full length pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cinema View Post
    I'm curious to hear how in use the Yeti (at 46 inches long) somehow works the same as all other UQ's I've seen notably longer at 52, 55+ inches. Thoughts?
    . . .
    Well, IMO, it's about as easy to cover from upper thighs or even butt to feet with a pad as it is to cover from say calves to feet. Either way you need a pad, at least when it is pretty cold, though it will need to be a slightly longer pad with a Yeti. A longer pad that can be doubled up for a thicker sit pad for when you must sit on snow or ice or hard rock. But some folks prefer the longer quilts with a shorter pad. Also, you will need some sort of pad/pillow for head insulation when it is really cold, might be able to get by with thick fleece hats when not way cold. So that is one advantage to my JRBs, they cover the back and top of my head. But if you use a pillow, that might be enough. Plus, keep in mind the somewhat longer "short" UQs are going o weigh a little more and take up more room in your pack. Trade offs, pros and cons, your choice!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 09-17-2013 at 20:32.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension

Testing Yeti

I did a mid-50's test today with the Yeti and fooled around with a few different kinds/sizes of pads. I find "foot pad" is NOT enough; knees down in various positions needed attention. A narrow footbox only pad didn't do it. Comments on size? I have a roughly 2"x2" piece of reflectix that I couldn't seem to get set just right, either...

Though was short test I wonder if I'm just a more full-length UQ hanger. I appreciate the Yeti is minimalist, but then there's this other piece that's needed. . .

My next try will be a ccf (probably a wally world type i can cut up) or maybe a bigger piece of cross-linked polyvinyl than the narrow bit I tried earlier. As I said, comments on size/shape welcome. . . .

PS I set up in the afternoon and jumped in with Yeti on as UQ and with new down TQ as well. Went out like a light. So comfy. Woke up with cold feet once the temps got below the mid 60's. . .
    //

I have a demo 3 season yeti I bought yrs ago and I still use it when the temps aren't to bad.

Now lets talk Yeti

Yeti-ish English

Blorfugafa:...............Hello and how are you.

Wat Dah!!!!:..............WTF!!!!!

Sheshiorpufafo?:..........Whould you mind?

BEIORP!!!:................GIMME THAT COOKIE!!!!

Beahego!!:................Yeah, yeah, I know!!!

Duahduah!!!:..............OUT OF MY WAY!!! COMING THREW!!!

Pichoiusifoahblafafous?:..Where do you think Pitch Black got his dress?

Ifeebyforufa:.............I think he got it from ebay.

WHOOO!!!!:................OH S***!!!

Yougafaybaga? Cheasfa:....You wanna know what sounds good? Cheese cake.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast