Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    OK... Who put me down for "Maine Lobster and clover fed prime rib" for Saturday night? Everyone knows I only do Maine prime rib and clover fed lobsters!

Looks like the signup sheet got "added to" in the Saturday night column - I will leave the entry up until tonight so you can cut & paste to the correct line (if there is one... I'm thinking it's really JollyGreen's entry). Thanks for mentioning this, Knotty.

Can't wait to see y'all in the woods!
    I thought your entry looked a little suspect. Just the lobster or prime rib would have been believable, but both was too much. So now I have to ask, what are sports balls? (besides footballs and baseballs, and soccer balls, and you get the idea).
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    just tried out my stove (actually a 3 burner) and it works, so I'll be bringing it just in case. I also just cleaned my cast iron pans (6 1/2", 8", 10 1/2"). If anyone thinks they want/can use them this trip, let me know, I'll bring them. Also, do we know what the wood situation is at the site? Should I bring my splitting maul and hachet? Also, do we know what the approximate cost per person is going to be? I want to bring enough and spend it all on adult beverages....

See you soon!

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Vagabond View Post
    . Also, do we know what the wood situation is at the site? Should I bring my splitting maul and hachet? Also, do we know what the approximate cost per person is going to be? I want to bring enough and spend it all on adult beverages....

See you soon!
    When I was at stokes, there was plenty of wood to find, and there were bigger pieces, so something to split with would be good. I also think locals sell it by the boxful for 5 bucks. But again, lots of wood in the woods when I was there.
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Does anyone have a large griddle? If so I'm willing do do my best Dutch impersonation and flip pancakes for a Saturday morning breakfast. I'll even bring real maple syrup.
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Does anyone have a large griddle? If so I'm willing do do my best Dutch impersonation and flip pancakes for a Saturday morning breakfast. I'll even bring real maple syrup.
    I have a cast iron griddle that will straddle two (close-together) burners. PM me if you want me to bring it since I miss some of the posts
    Demeter's Video Channel

Demeter's Blog

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    I have a cast iron griddle that will straddle two (close-together) burners. PM me if you want me to bring it since I miss some of the posts
    I lost track of who was bringing stoves, but if someone has a stove that will hold this, we can do it. Maybe supplement it with Pro Vagabond's pans too. What do you all think? Are pancakes worth trying?
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    90% sure that I can get off of work Saturday. Looking to arrive Sat. morning, hang my stuff, then do a slack-pack day hike on the AT. Anybody have any idea on a loop/hike we can do?

With no weight in the pack, I figure I'm good for 8-10 miles, though I'm amenable to anything.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    90% sure that I can get off of work Saturday. Looking to arrive Sat. morning, hang my stuff, then do a slack-pack day hike on the AT. Anybody have any idea on a loop/hike we can do?
    I don't know the area well, would love to do the Sunrise up on the AT.
    Demeter's Video Channel

Demeter's Blog

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    I don't know the area well, would love to do the Sunrise up on the AT.
    Actually watch the sun rise from Kittatinny Ridge? Sounds awesome. However, I just don't think I can make it till Saturday morning 9 or 10ish - gotta work Friday night 10 pm - 2 am.

Sunday morning sounds cool, though.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I happened to be sitting in a waiting room at FEMA today, waiting to apply for a Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) and was re-reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. He has a wonderful description of the Kittatinny Ridge, where we will be hiking:

"Just occasionally am I permitted an appreciative glimpse into the wonder that is geology, and such a place is the Delaware Water Gap. There, above the serene Delaware River, stands Kittatinny Mountain, a wall of rock 1,300 feet high, consisting of resistant quartzite that was exposed when the river cut a passage through softer rock on its quiet, steady progress to the sea. The result in effect is a cross-section of mountain, which is not a view you get every day, or indeed anywhere else along the Appalachian Trail that I am aware of. And here it is particularly impressive because the exposed quartzite is arrayed in long, wavery bands that lie at such an improbably canted angle - about 45 degrees - as to suggest to even the dullest imagination that something very big, geologically speaking, happened here.

It is a very fine view."

Of course, we'll be on top of the ridge, so we won't see much of the geology below us. You'd have to go to the river to look up at the ridge, I think.

• + New Posts
  • Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast