Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    I have a very bad back and like what was mentioned above...we too have a very expensive bed at home...and I wake up with a stiff neck..sore shoulders and back pain. With that being said, anytime and everytime I sleep in my hammock I have not ever woke up with any pain to speak of.

There are many choices of hammocks to chose from, especially on HF...all the vendors on here will be more than happy to work with you to find one that fits your particular needs, concerning your back issues. I've tried several different ones and finally feel the most comfy with the Dream Hammock Roaming Gnome 11' db layer. I chose the db layer for a little more firmness and support. It really is all about personal preference. Again, talk to some of the vendors and i'm sure you will find one that will work best for you

Happy hunting!
    Missy Lou - Senior Tarp Queen @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    My back hurts less after a nice night hanging as compared to sleeping on the ground I love to camp. Hammock camping seems to be a good thing for me.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO, HH, SMe
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    My back hurts less after a nice night hanging as compared to sleeping on the ground I love to camp. Hammock camping seems to be a good thing for me.
    Hammock camping is A Good thing!

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY's
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter Pa
    Insulation
    HG Burrow 20, UGQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    I had 5 spinal surgeries last year. One of them included a titanium disk implant. Hammock camping has given me (any my back) a new lease on life!

Cheers,
    Doc

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    I have had leg pain from something called a calf ridge in my hammock. My back though feels marvelous when I get up after a night in the hammock.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    kAQ New River, DIY
    Suspension
    Varies w/hammock
    i experience back pain from time to time from an injury when I was younger. Sleeping on the ground is uncomfortable. I thought about a nice thermarest pad, but before I bought it I slept on an inflatable matress which should be tons better than a thermarest. I still was uncomfortable.

I love sleeping in my hammock. I don't have it 100% figured out, but I don't toss and turn, and wake up sore like I do on the ground with a sleeping pad. . I don't go enough to buy a nice under quilt, so I use my foam sleeping pad.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Digital Camo GG
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks!
    No back pain issues to speak of, but I can tell you that my snoring almost completely goes away when I sleep in my hammock. The first time we did a hanging campout, my kids had to check on me because I wasn't making any noise!
    "Never corner anything meaner than you are...."-Unknown

Hammock
    Brazilian
    I have a long history of back problems. Now I sleep in a Brazilian hammock at home every night. Has it cured my back pain? No, but I feel great in the morning. The last time I tried sleeping in my bed, I didn’t even get through the night without going back to the hammock. It’s the difference between a good night’s sleep and a poor one. I haven’t been camping in a hammock, I’m afraid my camping days are over, but I know I wouldn’t even consider sleeping on the ground. I’d suggest you try one at home for awhile, maybe just to relax in the back yard, and get the feel of it. If you’re like me, you may find yourself going full time before long.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I always had a lot of tension in my upper back, from between the shoulder blades to the neck. Several chiropractors couldn't even move that part of my back but ultimately found one who could. It helped a lot but required getting adjusted all the time.

Moved to sleeping in a hammock full time a few years ago and haven't needed my chiropractor since.

Considering the "cost" of having a bad back, investing in a hammock and the related gear is cheap. No guarantees but good odds.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

LOL I was a little embarassed to say, but I'd been wondering if I might snore because when I'm on my back I tend to snore quite loudly.

I definitely need to stalk around the vender discussions.. There are NO stores which have camping hammocks.. I checked today.. If I can find one I like I'm seriously considering sleeping in one before winter and test its comfort. I'm tried chiropractor, physiotherapy, different medications, exercise..

I should start checking online.. Find out how much shipping/handling...

the last time I camped I had a mattress like the thermarest and it didn't help at all.. which is why I was concerned with camping in a tent, bulky air matresses, etc..

cjayflo, did you find a solution for your calf ridge problem?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast