Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: good for back?

I have a permantly separated left shoulder. I spent two years miserable in a bew, never being able to sleep on my left side. I am a left side sleeper. I cannot sleep on my right due to another shoulder injury. I went full time in a hammock using a TDS indoors. I sleep great, and on my left side. It is unbelievable how it worked out for me. Couldn't be happier and better rested. Haven't slept better without pain medication in 20 years. I literally sleep through the night and wake up rested enough that the snooze alarm doesn't get used.

I use WBB.

If I sleep on the ground I feel very stiff in the morning. WHen I started hammock camping I wasn't nearly as stiff when I woke up. But I think everyone is different and hammocking isn't for everyone.

**** cnc_jeeper.. I get some terrible neck pain, but probably nothing like that... a good nights sleep makes all the difference. right now I'm waking up and taking meds during the night.

I bought a rather cheap hammock 20-30$ as a test. I did spend a rather relaxing day swinging the other day, reading a book.. almost fell asleep lol but I need to do a little dyi and try and spend a full 8hrs..

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL 1.1 Marpat camo
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Hammocks prevent stomach sleeping

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread so far is you cannot sleep on your stomach in a hammock.

For me that is a Good Thing. I have some disc problems, and whenever I sleep on my stomach I can hardly stand up in the morning. I like sleeping on my stomach, as it takes the pressure off my shoulders, but a hammock prevents me from doing so in my sleep.

It has already been mentioned that it takes a lot of pressure off your shoulders as well when sleeping on your side. There are also many sleeping positions in between side and back, say at a 45 degree angle that are impossible in a bed or on the ground on a mat.

So, the rumors really are true - sleeping on a hammock is good for your back, especially if you have back problems.

--Kurt

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234