Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images

Official WINTER NEHHA planning thread. Jan 10-12th

===> WOW! Awesome news, Bill! Now you can truly enjoy your honeymoon with Nikki, and breath easy! Can't wait to see you guys again! Hope to see you at the Winter Hang, and if Nitehauk can wrangle the indoor cabin for Zilla's wife, maybe Nikki can join us there!

Best of everything, Buddy!

~ SkyPainter
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    Straps

Congrats on the job old soldier! It is very nice to be employed when you still want to.
    I hope you get the time off, so you can enjoy a nice vacation.

I even type with a Dutch accent.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=SkyPainter;1107213]===> WOW! Awesome news, Bill! Now you can truly enjoy your honeymoon with Nikki, and breath easy! Can't wait to see you guys again! Hope to see you at the Winter Hang, and if Nitehauk can wrangle the indoor cabin for Zilla's wife, maybe Nikki can join us there!

Best of ever

Got my fingers crossed, Cant figure out why i want to camp outside in extreme cold, but i really really want to ...

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Got a ride, and bringing a +1.. but she's a ground dweller..

NH, you told me at the fall hang there were lean tos up there, and to sleep in, or just for gear storage?

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

The lean to's are for mostly storage but you can grab one to sleep in with no problem.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Alright.. she may end up having to do that, as she doesn't want to try the hammock thing, and I don't have a.. "shelter for ground dwellers" that's suitable for winter.

I can't force myself to use the T word...

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Hey folks sorry it has taken me a little while getting back to you. Some of you have asked if there are warm cabins there to use for their significant other who wants to come but won't camp outside. The short answer is yes...but we have to rent them. The areas that we are using costs $45 which I usually cover. If we want to rent the building down below which would give any number of people a warm place to sleep would add another $125.00. This would give us most of one side of camp. Those that have been there before know what this side looks like. It is the building down where we park our cars. It gives us a LOT of room.
    If there is just one couple or small group that would like a smaller more remote cabin the cost is $80.
    If there is interest of any of the options we should move quickly at least to reserve I can pay a little later. Let me know. Thanks. I am really looking forward to this hang. To add a little excitement if there isn't any by now. Raiff and I have some special surprises in store for the rest if you. I am not telling so don't ask. .
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    Hey folks sorry it has taken me a little while getting back to you. Some of you have asked if there are warm cabins there to use for their significant other who wants to come but won't camp outside. The short answer is yes...but we have to rent them. The areas that we are using costs $45 which I usually cover. If we want to rent the building down below which would give any number of people a warm place to sleep would add another $125.00. This would give us most of one side of camp. Those that have been there before know what this side looks like. It is the building down where we park our cars. It gives us a LOT of room.
    If there is just one couple or small group that would like a smaller more remote cabin the cost is $80.
    If there is interest of any of the options we should move quickly at least to reserve I can pay a little later. Let me know. Thanks. I am really looking forward to this hang. To add a little excitement if there isn't any by now. Raiff and I have some special surprises in store for the rest if you. I am not telling so don't ask. .

I Allmost forgot- Thank you to Nighthawk for taking the time to look into this, we really apreciate it!

YYYEEEEEESSSSSS, Then i am in! My wife does not want to be stuck outside so we are willing to rent a cabin for her, i will be outside in my hammock .
    If there are any other women that feel the same as my wife then maybe the women can share the big shelter and they can all split the cost.
    Hk2001 , this sounds like a good solution for your +1, gotta be warmer than a leantoo.
    If we can get a few more +1s the cost would be very minimal for all.
    Please let me know so we can let nighthawk know what option he has to reserve..
    Last edited by Zilla; 10-08-2013 at 22:18.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Thumbs up

Ok i am 95% in,my wife still has to put in request for the time off, atleast the monday after but i dont think it will be a problem.
    As it is now , she has just been told that she has 23 use it or lose it days built up and has till 12/31 to use them or lose them, she never takes a day off, god bless her!

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    I'll put $15-$20 towards the cabin.

My best friend, (my +1) wants to TRY a hammock, or the lean to, but I'm still not sure if she'll make it in the hammock.. The lean to, I know she can do, but will still contribute to the cabin in case she needs to fall back to it.

For the moment, for me, I'm looking at a 4 layer IX (20-25*?) UQ, with the reflectex window thing in between the layers of the hammock. (built myself another DL for this hang, no netting but a stowable 1.1 overcover )

For a TQ I have a 15* mummy bag and a breathable SOL Space blanket.

Still fishing for a winter tarp with doors, but if I have to, I'll make one out of the Black coated 70d from DIY GS.

Liz (the above mentioned +1) will be running about the same setup.

So please, if there's any holes, or cheap fixes to up the effectiveness of the above setup, let me know. You all have far more experience at the winter thing than I do.

I intend on ordering a UQ blank from Lost_biker in the near future, and I put down as the #1 on my Xmas list.. but I guess it's up to the wife if she wants to buy me a bag of dead goose for christmas.

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast