Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL - Tadpole
    Suspension
    Python Straps

Question Enlightened quilts - questions

Looking into their TQ that can turn into a UQ if needed ...
    http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/...evelationx-20/

Has anyone used these before? How do they work switching it back and forth ... they say they overstuff 20%, how much lower than the rated temperature do you think it could go?

Quality wise ... how does Enlightened hold up to others around the market place?

Hammock
    bias WW, WWM
    Tarp
    the MAMA
    Insulation
    Rev X TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Copenhagen69 View Post
    Looking into their TQ that can turn into a UQ if needed ...
    http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/...evelationx-20/

Has anyone used these before? How do they work switching it back and forth ... they say they overstuff 20%, how much lower than the rated temperature do you think it could go?

Quality wise ... how does Enlightened hold up to others around the market place?
    I have a revelation X 20* which I LOVE. The quality is astounding and Tim has the best customer service I've found, by far. Very high end products. That being said I never try to use it as an underquilt...
    A far as temperatures goes I'm a believer that for comfort, every single manufacturer, cottage or not, have temp ratings lower than what they truly are. That being said you could take that TQ to 10* with appropriate clothing, without a problem.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    I bought a Prodigy from Stick, who had gotten it from EE, and he told me when I bought it that it should be considered primarily as a TQ. I've never used it as a UQ. That being said, it appears that it would work well. I made a Prodigy clone out of two layers of 2.5 Climashield and it works quite well. The only difference between the one I made and the Prodigy is that I used continuous channels on the sides rather than loops.

Hammock
    Switchback/Lite Owl/WBRR
    Tarp
    CamoPalace/BMJ/TH
    Insulation
    Greylock3/ProdigyX
    Suspension
    Any
    I've got two of EE's quilts. A Prodigy X 40F for three seasons and a recent Rev X 20F with 2 oz. overstuff. Couple things that I find attractive.

EE only charges $5 dollars per oz, for overstuff. I've seen as high as $20 per oz elsewhere.

EE offers "seconds" material that saves a healthy bit of dough. I've not seen any flaws in mine and I've looked closely.

EE supplies clips and straps that allow you to cinch the bag around your back with elastic, or, cinch with straps around a sleeping pad to form a pseudo sleeping bag, or, none at all for a traditional open backed couch type throw quilt. Very versatile.

Zippered/drawstrung/and snapped footbox and supplementary snaps up the thighs that help close the quilt into a pseudo sleeping bag are great also.

The KARO baffles allow you to adjust the down within the quilt, from point to point, and therefore customize the fill level in different areas of the quilt....and it stays there.

This combo of quilts will serve me to -15F with the Apex on top to eliminate condensation/frosting in the down quilt.

Yep, I'm pretty darned pleased with Tim's work to say the least. The design is awesome and his work is top notch. I buy wide quilts. Not because I need them for size but because they are so versatile. The wides do not make great underquilts but can work in a pinch.

Oh I forgot. A two day delivery on some models.
    Last edited by whoofit; 09-25-2013 at 22:20.

• + New Posts