Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images

more yeti tales.

This isn't really a "look what my Yeti can do" story as therer are those who have gone beyond anything I am able to pull off in my area(cough,cough,Shug,cough), but I just want to share some more experiences.
    I headed out a couple nights ago for a simple overnighter with some fog rolling in. I was actually looking forward to see how much, if any moisture would build up on my quilt and hammock. It started to rain just after setting up so that took a bit of moisture out of the air. I used my radiantex material under my legs and feet and that seemed to work well enough. I woke up at sometime during the night as I was getting very warm and had to pull some covers off. Covers are a synthetic mummy bag opened to use as quilt and footbox, rated at 19 degrees. I was wearing only a pair of cotton socks, pair of jeans, t shirt and light sweater. I was using a very light belaclava as a hat.
    Once i woke up I thought I'd better use the facilities as well. I wandered away from camp and realized It was actually freezing out and there was some good ice forming. That made me happy as I was almost sweating in the hammock.
    The rest of the night was uneventful and I slept in fairly late.
    The yeti stays right where I put it, is plenty warm (for me), and is really user friendly (again, for me). I was not sure that I would be happy with a torso length quilt but it works very well for my needs. Anyone looking into quilts should take a good look at this one.

Oh and Shug if you read this I was wondering how your experiments into the two torso quilts together were working. Let me know if you've done anymore with that.
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Gordzilla ... I am liking the two 1/2UQ method. Put a wee velcro on them both to seal the bottom gap. Next year I will add both onto the same shockcord .. this year they both had their own due to laziness. In this fashion in really cold my feet are TOTALLY covered and when it is milder I can use just one 1/2 UQ.
    Just went on an overnighter Thursday (video uploading now) and went with my diy UQ as the Yeti would probably be too warm. Got down to around 27º.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    Thanks Shug.
    thursday was the night I was out as well. I think it probably got to 28-30. If I had been wearing my winter clothing I would have been way too hot.
    On the upside I can always bring lighter top quilts and go with even less clothing as the weather warms.
    I am going to see how high of temperatures I can take the winter yeti into this summer. I am curious to know just how versitile this thing can be.
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

• + New Posts