Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* + 2oz, Full
    Suspension
    DIY UCR, 1" Straps
    Thanks everyone for the wonderful weekend. My wife and I will definitely make it next year, as well as Loki & Luna.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    UGQ H11WB
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WBBB straps
    I had so much fun, and feel so lucky to have enjoyed this weekend with you wonderful group of adventurers! I'm sorry I missed Friday night (and for waking anyone at 3:15 am). The Mountain Man Breakfast experiment was an absolute success! Holy full of CHILI! (I'm still recovering) Bow heads for the elusive brisket chili! I loved the energy, enthusiasm, laughter, and joy we all shared! Thank you all so much for sharing your ideas and generously helping make this weekend what it was! I didn't even make it home before I added to my suspension system. Ditto on thanks to those who organized and contributed!! I'm feeling very fortunate getting the UGQ 50 deg quilt and other items! I could go on and on about how much I enjoyed this hang and all of you!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    O.E.M. WBBB Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbus37 View Post
    Thanks to the raffle and Boudah, my pyro has a new toy.
    You're welcome, I was happy to contribute.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    UGQ H11WB
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WBBB straps
    TZBrown... Was that 5/8" mule tape?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Sleeping BearTQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    A really successful fall hang here in MI. Thanks to Paul, Missy, Randy, Tom, and all the other contributors. Good to see so many other folk like the women, kids, and even 4 footed hangers make it out. We are getting pretty good at these hangs IMHO.
    "We don't stop hiking because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop hiking."

-- Finis Mitchell,

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    There's a lot of awesome folks up there. Thanks for making our family feel so welcome this weekend.

I had forgotten about you folks not having real dirt up in Michigan. I brought back a good bit of your sand stuck to all my wet gear.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    There's a lot of awesome folks up there. Thanks for making our family feel so welcome this weekend.

I had forgotten about you folks not having real dirt up in Michigan. I brought back a good bit of your sand stuck to all my wet gear.
    If you want real sand in every crack and crevice try to make it out to Nordhouse Dunes.

Thanks again for going over everything on your hammocks, I appreciate the education.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    Finally home, had to catch up BEFORE exploding the pack and showering! Dirty, dirty jobs...

Many, many thanks to all of you who worked so tirelessly to arrange and host this event - y'all are awesome!! The treadmill is going to get a real workout thanks to all the cobblers and the chili!

A special thanks to Randy (Gargoyle) for the unbelievably beautiful piece of marble cutting board. It's something I'll treasure for years and the kids will fight over when I'm done...

I shopped my butt off in Lansing yesterday only to find that Port Huron had the same stores all within easy reach of each other on the way to Lakeport SP...sigh.

Total mileage 1,798 km or 1,117 miles in the real world...

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    Wow...what a great weekend!! It was such a great turnout...and more food then I could of ever have imagined.

Let me say my thanks, but not limited to:

Randy (Gargoyle) for taking care of getting the sites, the banner, the signs hung up all over the place and especially for the BEAUTIFUL cutting board...I love it!!

Dogger, thank you for all the cinnamon rolls and the cookies..you and your wife out did yourselves and it was very much appreciated

Yukon Dave, for supplying the whole gang with your amazing coffee...thank you so much for making sure that I wasn't crabby every morning..lol

TZBrown, thank you for being our Barista all weekend...and for everything else you and Anne did to help.

Neil #1 (sorry I can't remember your forum name) but a big thanks for doing so much cooking and keeping all of us entertained...picking up chili off the ground was something I will never forget!! (that seriously could of been a chain reaction)

Neal #3, It would of been a messy campground if it hadn't been for all your willingness to keep taking the garbage to the dumpster. Thank you so much for all your help!

Papa Smurf, thank you for coming and spending time with everyone, showing us some of the great things about Dream Hammocks.

TheOldBoot, I wanted to say a huge thank you for coming the farthest to be apart of the MI Hang! It was a pleasure getting to meet you. I'm glad you had a safe trip home

Lastly, thank you to everyone who came to our first annual MI Chili Festival Hang! Also, thanks to everyone that I might have overlooked that helped out, by bringing food, stoves, dutch ovens and whatever else I can't remember.

It was great to see old friends and make lots of new ones!! Looking forward to the big hang next year

Missy Lou
    Missy Lou - Senior Tarp Queen @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    TZBrown... Was that 5/8" mule tape?
    I believe it was, John Sawyer here on the forums usually has some, you pay shipping
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast