Hammock
    Trek Light Single
    Tarp
    JRB Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Kat TQ/HR BQ

Hammocks and Geocaching

Was spending another weekend in Uwharrie hanging in the hammock on top of a hill. Late in the afternoon two guys from the Cary area come up to my camp site and one of them starts poking around with his walking stick while I start chatting with the other.

Seems they were doing geocaching and were searching for their last point of the day. Which they found - about 20 feet from my hammock - and signed the log.

So when I got home I looked into it and found out there were many geochaches along trails that I normally hike and camp on.

Was out this weekend in Uwharrie and hit a couple of points just to check it out. Was fun.

Next weekend I go out I'm doing the 51 point Star off Tower Road. With the hammock I don't have to be too picky on where I stop for the night.

One that was not too hard....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY dbl.layer
    Tarp
    DIY camo semi-cat
    Insulation
    DIY IX-UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Yupp, geocaching & hiking go hand-in-hand! It's free to register on their site, and this adds one more twist to any outdoor adventures you're embarking on.

Cache on!

-Klauss
    My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rexmichaelson

"But hey, 2 trees anywhere is a bedroom waiting to happen, right?"

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    I haven't had a chance to geocache for quite some time but I'm looking forward to doing it with my Grandkids. My Gdaughter is 5 next year and I'm hoping to get the cardinal points ingrained in her before her grandmothers curse works in there. North, south east and west are just names in her book.

It is pretty fun finding out how many caches are right around you. A secret society you didn't even know about.

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    My wife and girls are really into geocaching. It gets us more time in the outdoors, so I'm game. Will be incorporating hiking, backpacking, hammocks, river floats, geocaching, bike trails and more as we keep the fresh air in our lungs and the TV off.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    And hey, you can use going to a group hang as an excuse to caching OR the other way around...

Attended the Michigan Chili Fall Hang and snagged two caches while I was there!

Hammock
    11' Dutch, Yukon, ENO, and more
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    multiple setups
    Images
    I am an avid cacher and both grandkids (age 3 and 6) both have found caches all by themselves already. We do a good deal of hike, hammock camp and cache almost every weekend...great excuse to be outside and to run away with my little rugrats!!! We have done kayak caching too this summer because the 6 year old has his own kayak now (and his own hammock)!!

I like to geocache with some of by buddies but haven't done it in a while. Seeing this post makes me want to get back into it.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.9/1.1 CAMO
    Tarp
    Superfly CAMO
    Insulation
    YETI CAMO

Geohiking!

I'm a newbie here and only have like 40 finds in geocaching. I must say that geocaching has brought me to places I would have never seen or been to otherwise. I'm thankful for that, the little things in life!

Now when I can scrape up enough funds for my WBBB, I can incorporate them both together too!

• + New Posts