Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps

"Immersion" Hang Report

"Immersion" Hang Report

Well not everything went quite as planned so we have a bit more Work to compete
    the Project..

FRIDAY:
    Friday morning it rained buckets but by the time others were showing up the weather
    was cooperating for the most part and people had found there spots. We had a nice
    fire in a new relocated pit. Creativekayt could not make it till morning so we just
    kicked it till late and crashed out. All in all a good night. About 2am the weather
    made a comeback, that for the most part would not end. Everyone stayed dry and stayed
    in the hammocks all night.

SATURDAY:
    Its raining at a decent rate, and the ground is starting to lose the battle.
    We gather under a covered area up top and people start pulling out tarps and covers to
    make a larger dry area. Ribs are slow cooking, coffee is made and we all gather for
    conversation and breakfast. Creative kayt pulls up with her usual happy smile
    The skies are out to challenge us this day! Most of us are long time PNW people and
    are no strangers to rain and wouldnt even bat an eye at it. But wow... everytime you
    thought to yourself its really raining the weather would come out and say "Oh yeah?" and
    show us something new. Its quite impressive watching the Red Alders bend and sway and
    stay standing the way they do.

We had everything from calm slight drizzle to full out monsoon weather with wind, lighting
    and thunder. This group of people are some of the best I have ever met. Over half of them
    decided to pile into there cars and go cruise and play on the beach,they were not going
    to let the weather stop them. I think the surprise of the day for me was when in the middle
    of this crazy weather even though I think the whole state new how it was by now, two more
    people showed up that said they had been lurking and decided to come out and see some
    hammocks. We got them set up and they stayed as well.

Sunday:
    The weather is still wet but much better than Saturday. In the morning Yellowjacket made
    yet another great Dutch Oven breakfast plus an added treat for the early risers. The hang
    ended up being more about testing out your gear than the intended purpose, but everyones
    tarps and rain gear held up and people slept dry. We lounged a bit and tore down gear in
    the better portions of the weather. Glad we got out when we did since there was some
    more hard rains on the way out..

All in we had 11 people come brave the storms and still had a good time. It was great
    seeing so many new faces. I know some photos and videos were taken and some will
    surface soon people will add in more details. Today I will stay out of the rain and enjoy
    the nice modern comforts. I hope we do it again next year. (hopefully much dryer)

Hammock
    DIY D.L. Hammock, Eagle Nest pro
    Tarp
    Kelty12',9' & SF
    Insulation
    Down UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Nice, report.. I was not the only one swing in the wind..

best way to test out the gear, in a wild Rain & wind storm.
    " Taking the gun off safety increases the velocity by 100% "

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Eno ProFly
    Insulation
    Klymit Static V
    Suspension
    Custom Readystrap
    Couple of various pictures from the trip. Hopefully someone got more pictures of the various hammocks hanging up.

Short video of the rain on Saturday evening. Proof that we were well immersed, great test of everyone's tarps and rain gear.

ENO Doublenest and ENO ProFly

Bigger shelter up top.

The beach crew.

My WRX on the beach

Subaru's tend to travel in packs.

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Heya, everybuggy! A great time was had by all!! It was WET WET WET and wild, with some lightning added in for good measure.

Here's some pics I got with the iPhone. I'll add a few more today, depending on work-work.
    Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/1268576...7636083446634/

Hammock
    WBBB DL1.0
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 0*
    Suspension
    Web Straps
    I was bummed to miss this hang... But after looking at the photos and videos, maybe I lucked out :-P

Hammock
    Trek Light Single
    Tarp
    JRB Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Kat TQ/HR BQ

Yeah, but...

Quote Originally Posted by zugcat View Post
    I was bummed to miss this hang... But after looking at the photos and videos, maybe I lucked out :-P
    Yeah, but when ever they say "Remember when...." you're the odd man out because you weren't there.

Sometimes the best memories are of the worst of times.

Way to hang in there guys. And did I see a picture of a horse?

• + New Posts