Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    Aluminum gutter nails work great--strong and light, and cheap.
    is there a need for 9" gutter spikes. my son manages a gutter co. and can get them. just asking. i like them in the jersey sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Javaman View Post
    FWIW, maybe there is something to HF partnering with GoingGear on some HF logo items, or at least as a resource for cool items for our members.
    I send a lot of business to the manufacturer and distribute their items in North America, so this is definitely an option. Any HF people that are interested, PM or email me.

BTW, I have a couple new flashlight brands in the store as well.
    Owner - GoingGear.com

Author - Going Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    The only complaint I have so far is the lack of the little loop of line attached to the Groundhogs. Course, that probably helps explain why the cost difference. Still, nice stakes.
    Yeah, they were actually supposed to have the cord attached, but the manufacturer did not put it on there. Most of my customers actually requested that I NOT put cord on there, so I left it off. I guess they prefer just using a single small loop of cord to pull them out.
    Owner - GoingGear.com

Author - Going Prepared

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Going Gear View Post
    Yeah, they were actually supposed to have the cord attached, but the manufacturer did not put it on there. Most of my customers actually requested that I NOT put cord on there, so I left it off. I guess they prefer just using a single small loop of cord to pull them out.
    I got my order today. Quick shipping.

The little iTP c7 with the c8 body...that thing is nice. Very brite...and with the c7 body on it itll fit in a pocket. For the price....VERY nice light.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I got my order today. Quick shipping.

The little iTP c7 with the c8 body...that thing is nice. Very brite...and with the c7 body on it itll fit in a pocket. For the price....VERY nice light.
    I am really happy I picked up their products. Their implementation of KISS on their tactical lights is awesome.
    Owner - GoingGear.com

Author - Going Prepared

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I got mine the other day. Very quick turn around, about 2-3 days. Everything looks great--the pull tab whistles are cool, and I can now fire off molten globs of metal! Hehehe . . . .

One thing I did notice, and maybe it was because I haven't seen a lot of groundhog-type stakes, is that some of the stakes were twisted somewhat. Not much, but it would put a regulation spin on an arrow for sure. I'm not sure if that will affect strength (doubt it), but for the price, I can handle it.

Did I mention how cool it is to create molten globs of metal?
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    One thing I did notice, and maybe it was because I haven't seen a lot of groundhog-type stakes, is that some of the stakes were twisted somewhat. Not much, but it would put a regulation spin on an arrow for sure. I'm not sure if that will affect strength (doubt it), but for the price, I can handle it.
    Those are from my super strength. I use the stakes to test my workout progress.

I actually have not notice that before. Thanks for the heads up, I will look for twists in the future. If you have any problems with them, please let me know.
    Owner - GoingGear.com

Author - Going Prepared

Hammock
    Dual Layer 1.7 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Landau 3/16&quot; pad
    Images
    I got my order several days ago. I like them. I actually cut the little loop of cord off my ground hogs to thread my mason line though, so it was fine by me that it was missing.

Hammock
    Hennessy Safari, Eno Doublenest
    Insulation
    Homemade Undrquilt
    Got my order today. That was pretty fast. I like these. And since I ordered a couple of the flint steels at the same time, I got to thinking. I know someone posted about how they like to combine functionality. What if we put a good "edge" on just one blade of the stake? I am wondering if it would be a good with the flint steel. Doesn't have to be a sharp edge, just put a good 90 into one blade by running it down a grinding wheel. Or am I taking this a little too far?

Quote Originally Posted by Fig View Post
    Got my order today. That was pretty fast. I like these. And since I ordered a couple of the flint steels at the same time, I got to thinking. I know someone posted about how they like to combine functionality. What if we put a good "edge" on just one blade of the stake? I am wondering if it would be a good with the flint steel. Doesn't have to be a sharp edge, just put a good 90 into one blade by running it down a grinding wheel. Or am I taking this a little too far?
    Not a bad idea, but I don't think it would hold up for very long. Hardened steel strikers work so well because they are so much harder than the alloy used in a firesteel. Aluminum is comparatively soft and is terrible at holding an edge.

Maybe I need some stainless steel stakes.
    Owner - GoingGear.com

Author - Going Prepared

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast