WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug

Snugpak Jungle Is Pretty Good For The Price

So a buddy of mine at work came in yesterday and asked if i wanted to purchase his like new Snugpak Jungle Hammock for $40. I was hesitant, but figured it's only $40 so what the heck.

I usually lay in a Clayton Jungle and am really impressed with it so i wasn't expecting much when i got it home and began setting it up.

The first thing i did was got rid of the steel carabiners and replaced the suspension system with whoopies/tree huggers. Who the in their right mind would ever think steel carabiners would be a good idea. They were WAY too heavy and cheap feeling.

As soon a i laid in it i was surprised at how comfortable it was. Very soft!!! Either i accidentally found the perfect angle, distance, etc or this is one of the most comfortable hammocks i've ever laid in!!! Shortly after this feeling i figured i should do something about the unsupported bug net laying on my face!

The hammock came with some black cord to support the bug net but had no provisions to keep it spread open like on the Clayton, unless i chose to put a stick between to attachment points, directly into the netting (not going to happen)

If there were 2 more trees on both ends of the hammock or i had my fly on to tie off to i'd be ok, but i didn't want to rely on either of these 2 things. i ran to my garage and quickly fashioned up what i thought was a pretty great solution. 2 pieces of black delrin held together by a dowel pin in the center, pressed on one end and slip on the other. i also drilled a hole on opposite ends for the shock cord to go thru (i replaced the black cord that came with the hammock)

It was at this time that my wife came out and to see what i was doing. As soon as she laid in the hammock and asked where it came from, she claimed it for herself! WHAT THE HECK!!! "This is super soft", she said. She asked me to make one more modification before putting it away and i did.

She likes having the metal zipper handles removed and replaced with reflective cord. It's so much easier to see at night, grab when we're out in the winter with gloves on, and more "RAPE PROOF"! What is rape proof you ask??? With the metal zippers removed you can pull the to opposing zippers together and lock the outside handles in between the zippers, inside the hammock. This makes her feel safer i guess

Anyways, this is getting a lot longer then i expected!!! final weight with all hardware and my green ENO pro fly w/hardware is 2.9 pounds. Not too bad. So like the title says, this isn't a bad little hammock for the $69 they go for new!!!

Hope the pics came out ok
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9x9
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Nice review Barchetta,

I saw one of these on the Bay this week and was wondering.

Yeah, it seems to be one of the lesser reviewed hammock systems.

Good to have a data point...

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSosa View Post
    Nice review Barchetta,

I saw one of these on the Bay this week and was wondering.

Yeah, it seems to be one of the lesser reviewed hammock systems.

Good to have a data point...
    Thanks! That's kind of the reason I put it up. Not a whole lot of info on these out there

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    More pics..
    Thanks for the review.

• + New Posts