Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

G0t my UQ now I need help again lol :0

Hey guys it's viper!

Well I finally got my UQ finished and done from UQ.com and hung it up today in my UQ and figuered out its a lot more difficult then I had figuered to sit right under my hammock.

I haven't slept in it yet but after laying in the hammock for a while messing with it trying to get it to feel how I think it should I was running into a couple issues.
    1.the UQ maybe a couple inches away from my back even though the end channels are closed up.
    2.i tightened up the cross to make it snug against my back then seem to have issues with the UQ slipping out from under me when I move around it goes out to the side of my hammock.

I have obviously a hollow end channel and also hollow side channels shock cord running threw all four seams with a total of 8 shock cord.(does this seem right?) if anyone has has any of these problems help me out please! it's a full length UQ although from my head being where it's at it goes to about my calfs. And it tied starting the UQ at my shoulders and it moves around way to much when I have it their. Thanks for the help guys!
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Hey there Viper,

First - what type of hammock are you using and is it a 10' or ?

Second - How is your suspension rigged?

When I had the problem I think you are describing, I had continuous shock cord running from one end of the hammock through the quilt side channels and on to the suspension point on the opposite end of the hammock. Make it as tight as you want, the quilt will still slide to the middle leaving a gap under your butt! Tightening the end adjusters just seems to make it worse. Sound familiar?

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Three words.

Dutch

Quilt

Hooks

You're personal invitation to Bling
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Bring your suspension up to your ridge line,the force will be pulling up to do its job instead of depending on end tension to do the work.
    My suspension is adjustable from inside the hammock this way,making it ventable in warm conditions. If its cold a knot is slid until the tension returns bringing the u q back against you.
    Good luck.

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by PappyAmos View Post
    Hey there Viper,

First - what type of hammock are you using and is it a 10' or ?

Second - How is your suspension rigged?

When I had the problem I think you are describing, I had continuous shock cord running from one end of the hammock through the quilt side channels and on to the suspension point on the opposite end of the hammock. Make it as tight as you want, the quilt will still slide to the middle leaving a gap under your butt! Tightening the end adjusters just seems to make it worse. Sound familiar?
    I have a gathered end hammock about 9ft 2in or so. I have the suspenssion rigged up to my ridge line. I'm using cinch buckels with a contentious loop attached to the hammock and my ridge line is larks headed to the cinch buckels on each side buy having two fixed eye loops. And I attached the UQ suspenssion (the whole thing is shock cord) to the fixed eye of my ridge line. So it's being pulled pretty far up. Yah
    Sat night I slept with it and the UQ ended up slipping out from under me
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I have a gathered end hammock about 9ft 2in or so. I have the suspenssion rigged up to my ridge line. I'm using cinch buckels with a contentious loop attached to the hammock and my ridge line is larks headed to the cinch buckels on each side buy having two fixed eye loops. And I attached the UQ suspenssion (the whole thing is shock cord) to the fixed eye of my ridge line. So it's being pulled pretty far up. Yah
    Sat night I slept with it and the UQ ended up slipping out from under me
    First, here is a link to what I learned from - a video from Leighlo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMpBURngVhA

I basically used this system on the full-length underquilt I just finished using the underquilt shell from Underquilts.com. mine is nice and snug to the hammock. The important thing that I found is that the shock cords pulling the UQ up and toward the ends of the hammock need to be separate from the shock cord running through the side channels of the UQ.

Others will chime in here with comments and variations - great! Thats how we all learn.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Maybe this might give some insight....
    Carry forth,
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images
    Might try losing the shockcord running through the side channels and just attach to ends. Then try some triangle thingies. That should hold it in place.
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

Not all who wonder are lost...But I'm probably just lost.

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeHiker View Post
    Might try losing the shockcord running through the side channels and just attach to ends. Then try some triangle thingies. That should hold it in place.
    Awesome thanks!
    Paragon Fury

• + New Posts