Jarbidge and Hennessy Explorer

Looking for a few opinions about using the jarbidge and a Hennessy Explorer. I'm getting ready to try out new new Jarbidge in a couple of weeks on my Explorer. Should I order the Triangle Thingies or should I experiment with the stock suspension first?
    I am a complete noob. This will be my third hang. Last trip, I experimented with a homemade pluq. It worked well when I could keep it in place. When I would roll/turn in the hammock, the pluq would "shoot out from under me".
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    I found the stock suspension on the Jarbidge to be a bit short on the Expedition (even at max length it pulled the quilt very tight), so logically even moreso on the Explorer. Using an extra 3" 'biner was enough to get it right on the Expedition, so if you experiment a little you should be able to rig something up for the Explorer.

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    I found stock jarbidge suspension to be short as well. I ended up eventually buying a roll of shock cord and replacing the original with a length that worked better. I also rigged up a couple of short lengths of shock cord to string over my ridgeline and connect ends of the quilt. These act kind of like triangle thingies. I haven't actually tried these overnight yet though.

Hammock
    HHED ZIP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    NewRiver,Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I like the Jarbidge in the summertime , but my New River (long) fits my explorer great.
    Can't remember the name, but someone posted a picture of loops over the ridgeline with the side loops on the NewRiver using shock cord.
    You can always vent a long quilt .

Thank you

Thanks for the feedback. I received my Triangle Thingies this week and I'm planning on deploying this weekend for my first hand with the Jarbidge.
    I know everyone is different, but what approximate temperature do you transition from the Jarbidge to the New River. Also, if you don't mind my asking what led you to the New River instead of the Potomac? TNX

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC BlackBird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    White Cloud, Zeppe
    Suspension
    Whoopies marlinspi

Jarbridge may be inappropriate for "classic" entry HHs

FYI, I'm thinking that you may have issues with the Jarbridge unless you have the zipper entry. If you have the "classic" entry Explorer Deluxe (like I do), it will be difficult to position the Jarbridge properly (I'm thinking).

If you have the zipper entry, you can just reach out the zipper and adjust as necessary.

I have the Potomac (with my "classic" entry HH Explorer Deluxe). Haven't used it much, but what little I've used it, I like it.

Thanks

I have the zip model. This weekend will be my third trip. First trip was the summertime and I didn't need any insulation. 2nd trip I used a homemade PLUQ and it worked well when it stayed in place. When I would roll over in the hammock, the PLUQ would "shoot sideways" and end up beside the hammock. I don't know if I had it too loose or too tight, I have ordered the Jarbidge and the Triangle Thingies so we'll see how it goes this weekend. We have a forecast of mid 40s so it should be a good test.

Update

Used the Jarbidge on the HH Explorder deluxe for the 1st time. I used the triangle thingies and in my opinion it worked really well. I don't have an exact temperature, but I the forecast was for the mid-forties. I could reach around and feel the head end and I know that I had no-gaps. I'm not sure about the foot end as I was self-adjusting. All I know is that I slept really well. I slept in shorts and an Underarmour shirt. 2nd night, the only top cover I used was a poncho liner draped on me. I woke up 4 hours later and was cool and laid a sleeping bag over the top of me and slept another 3-4 hours. I'm impressed and well satisfied after my first usage. Thanks Paul.

• + New Posts