Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images

Yukon Outfitters (Woot) Tarp

So, sent Yukon Outfitters (maker of the infamous Woot hammock that is apparently available on Amazon now, too) a message on Facebook asking about the possibility of a tarp from them to accompany their hammock offerings.

Thanks for dropping in, John! Yes, a rain fly for our hammocks is currently in development. We'll be sure to let you know when they come in later this season!
    Right now we are working on a squared-off design approximately 10 feet corner to corner... Enough coverage for you and your gear, but able to fold into a compact, portable pouch for the hike.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Chameleon #8 '17
    Tarp
    Tarp got boo boo
    Insulation
    Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoops-n-Biners
    My buddy surprised me with the bug net version. Took it to the AT twice in the last month. I am very please with it. Aside from any typical upgrades (whoopies ect) the only mod I did was for a detachable ridge line. I had to fashion some delicate holes in the no-see-um. The ridge line is inside now so there is no need for the shock cord used to keep the net off your face and I can still easily invert the hammock to go bugnet-less.

It is a superb deal and product.
    Sup?

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Cool, there stuff is not so bad, i own5 yukon hammocks with and without nets,
    If you hear about the tarps please let us know, i posted a thread today about their milti tool knife combo for twenty bucks but it is sold out now.

Also Amazon bought out woot and now owns it, they say they are gonna keep it as is, we will see

If you are a woot watcher and are thinking about getting treking poles and they post the yukon ones- grab them, i got a set for my wife and was amazed how nice they were for $14.99

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Also Amazon bought out woot and now owns it, they say they are gonna keep it as is, we will see
    Off-topic (but it's my thread and I'll do what I want!), Amazon bought Woot back in 2010 (I've been a Wooter since 2005) and it really hasn't had any effect.

Thus far with the exception of adding new Woots (ie: sport.woot, home.woot), the business model is much the same.

Note: sellout.woot was created when Yahoo Shopping acquired Woot prior to the Amazon buyout.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    Off-topic (but it's my thread and I'll do what I want!), Amazon bought Woot back in 2010 (I've been a Wooter since 2005) and it really hasn't had any effect.

Thus far with the exception of adding new Woots (ie: sport.woot, home.woot), the business model is much the same.

Note: sellout.woot was created when Yahoo Shopping acquired Woot prior to the Amazon buyout.
    Oh, i thought it was more recent, i have also been a wooter for a couple of years.
    guess i just wasnt paying attention..

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    I am too a Wooter, and have been for years. Got the trekking poles, and my hammocks are the double yukons. I saw the bugnet version, but saw it was smaller. My concern is, is the bug net hammock too small. I ask because they don't give accurate measurements; they include their suspension (which got thrown away SO FAST) in their overall measurement.

Also, WOOT! has changed a bit since Amazon bought them. They seem to regurgitate the same stuff more frequently now. Also, I really, really don't like the fact that they did away with unlocked, all day shipping. Now I can't buy the small things in Woot offs bc it's not cost effective. I especially liked the nascar high powered glow sticks.
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    11' Nylon w/knotty
    Tarp
    Squidbilly Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Slings/toggles
    My entry into the hammocking world was via purchaing Woot's Yukon Outfitters double hammock about a year ago. As has been said, after replacing the stock suspension (with whoopie slings in my case & harbor freight webbing/tree straps) I've been very pleasantly surprised. But I also realized that such a large hammock was overkill for my purposes, and I wanted to shed a little bit of weight.

I just picked up the bug-net version secondhand here on the FS/FT forum (thanks, gravitino!). Without any suspension (and not including the shock cord) it only weighs in at 15.95oz/453g. I'm really excited to try it out in the coming weeks.

It's great to hear that they are continuing to develop their hammock products and may have a rain fly in the works. It'll be interesting as to what they come up with!

Thanks for the HU about the Woot trekking poles. I think I saw them in a woot-off a few weeks back for $11.99 but didn't bite b/c I was unsure of the quality.

Hammock
    Eno Double
    Insulation
    Coleman Pad
    Suspension
    ENO Slap Straps

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    So, sent Yukon Outfitters (maker of the infamous Woot hammock that is apparently available on Amazon now, too) a message on Facebook asking about the possibility of a tarp from them to accompany their hammock offerings.
    It is currently on their page for today...$20 rain fly! I just ordered mine though I am unsure of the quality but for $20, i can't pass it up.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    If the quality is comparable to that of their hammocks (which I've had no problem with), I'd suspect this tarp will be just fine. I missed out on it today, but I'm sure they'll pop back up soon enough.

Hammock
    MIYANC CUSTOM
    Tarp
    YUKON DIAMOND
    Insulation
    SWEET BABY LOVIN
    Suspension
    MIYANC DIY CUSTOM
    How did you miss out, its still on the site for sale, i just checked it again. double hammocks are the only items gone. Infact the raised the limit to 6 per purchase now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast