WBBB 1.1dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HGQ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles

Lazy Slug Tube usage on extended hike

I am wondering if anyone has used the Wilderness Logics' "Lazy Slug Tube" with a full rig, and the pros and cons of doing so, on any sort of extended hike.

A full rig being: a hammock (say, the WBBB), full length under quilt, top quilt, and perhaps an under quilt protector as well.

Images
    can't help you on the lazy slug tube, but I do something with the same concept. I had a large double sided stuff sack made for me. Large enough to fit both hammock and underquilt so I'm able to keep my uq on. I pack my top quilt separate. I just hook to one tree, pull it all out over to the other tree. To pack up, undo one side, shove it all in the sack and undo the other side. Works well for me.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Keep your tarp separate because of water management. It might be a place to look at a Bishop bag.

After that what fallkniven said. That is a lazy slug tube made by somebody else.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    I have tried it all three ways and think I have settled on fallkniven's solution. In the dark it was a pain to try to figure out which end of the underquilt was which and if it was upside down or rightside up. I have woke up in the morning and found it in both wrong conditions at the same time. It is just easier to pull the UQ and hammock out of the same bag. I have a red continuous loop at the head end of the hammock and a gray one at the foot. Sometimes the underquilt is a little damp from the dew in the morning and when I scrunched up my TQ in with the UQ and hammock, it would get damp too. So I thought it would be better to keep the TQ in its own CF stuff sack. It is easier to stuff it in it's stuff sack alone than get the whole rig in the stuff sack. It isn't hard to stuff the UQ and hammock in their own sack.

Others just stuff the whole rig down into the bottom of their pack in a trash compactor bag. I haven't tried that on the trail, but it would be lighter than two stuff sack solution and if you already use a pack liner, why not. Oh, you do go from two layers of H2O protection to one and that could be an issue for some I guess.
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    I also pack my top quilt and tarp separately. TQ has a lot of loft and is hard to pack. It also fits better in the pack stuffed in along side of the compression sack I use for the hammock, UQ,& protector. The suspension is also easily removable.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I use LSTs, and wouldn't be without them. But. I'm not a backpacker. Unless theyve changed since I bought mine, they are sil nylon. Yes, you can eventually push the air out of them, but it takes technique and patience. I'm not sure how well they would compress in a pack.

Flatline designed them, and there's a video somewhere of him pushing a tube into a big ALICE pack. He's the guy you need to talk to.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    DIY Green Cat cut
    Tarp
    SUPA FLY
    Insulation
    golite TQ, Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UrsaMajor1887 View Post
    Others just stuff the whole rig down into the bottom of their pack in a trash compactor bag. I haven't tried that on the trail, but it would be lighter than two stuff sack solution and if you already use a pack liner, why not.
    that's what i tried the last hike i was on, and while it was comfy in the pack, it took up more room i felt like and i had to use my big pack (ULA Conduit). not a horrible deal, but i think it could be better with the lazy slug tube.

• + New Posts