Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 and XLC
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    DD UQ, Incubator 0
    Suspension
    wb webbing
    6'4 250lbs I love using both models of my Wbbb, however the new xlc model is my go to choice!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I've been experimenting with my recently purchased WBBB XLC and found that I don't get any shoulder squeeze or pressure points when I sleep directly on the pad. I tried it with the pad inserted into the slot and it slipped around somewhat giving me occasional cold spots. I then tried sleeping directly on the pad and it was way better. No slipping of pad, no shoulder squeeze, and no pressure points on the legs. In fact, I was about to order an UQ when I realized how comfortable I was on the pad that I'm holding off on ordering the UQ. I still need more time in the hammock to get it totally dialed in including trying to get some valuable tips from other experienced hangers to make sure I'm setting up properly. I was really hell-bent on getting the HG incubator 0 degree with the overstuff because it seems everyone raves about them, but I'm still not sure I need to spring for it if it's not my ideal setup.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end hammock
    Suspension
    Straps and whoopie
    I'm 6'1" 235 and I make all my own hammocks. Longer is better. I have a video out which compares the comfort of 3 different hammock lengths. You might find that useful.

Executive summary: The 12 1/2 foot long hammock is the most comfortable by far. Also, even one additional foot of length will give you LOTS more comfort.

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by GregB View Post
    I'm 6'1" 235 and I make all my own hammocks. Longer is better. I have a video out which compares the comfort of 3 different hammock lengths. You might find that useful.

Executive summary: The 12 1/2 foot long hammock is the most comfortable by far. Also, even one additional foot of length will give you LOTS more comfort.
    Very helpful there. I just ordered a 11.5' x 68". Now, I am already planning a 12.5' for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by GregB View Post

Nice video. I'm going to try my hand at making a hammock. After watching your video, I may order another table even longer than the ones that I ordered. (60x126 and 90x132) I believe that sell a 90x156 also.
    An armed society is a free and polite society.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7D
    Tarp
    Superfly or DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator +MSS
    Suspension
    Straps or Whoopies
    I recently bought a WBBB, not realizing that the xlc version existed. I haven't done an overnight in it, but it's the most comfortable hammock I've tried yet. I'm waiting on an xlc now, and will likely sell one once I figure out which one is for me. I'm 6'1" 300lb at the moment.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234