View Poll Results: Are you seriously considering sleeping in hammock full time?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the 100% hammock life is for me!

55 31.43%
  • Yes, but I know I probably won't convert full-time...

68 38.86%
  • No, Im set in my old ways and still happy with my bed.

52 29.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark TX-250 with weathershield
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    My husband and I have been sleeping in individual hammocks hung in our garage all week testing gear for an upcoming trip. His back has never felt better. He let one of our kids sleep in his hammock last night, and he slept in the bed. He said his back hurt this morning. We are seriously thinking of hanging hammocks in the bedroom now.... or he may just keep sleeping in the garage, LOL. As for domestic bliss... I told him he could sleep full time in a hammock as long as there is plenty of cuddling together in a bed before we part ways for the night, LOL.
    With a radical sense of hope, I strive for the seemingly impossible.

Images
    My wife and I are still sleeping in our bed, but we put up a hammock in the bed room too. We have a problem because we both want to use it but are afraid to take it from the other one. i usually leave it free for her to use and take one for the team. Just last night she was having trouble getting comfortable to sleep in the bed and had a great sleep once she went to the hammock.

I think the only thing stopping her at the moment from full time hanging is she can't seem to get the pillow right for her neck. she wakes up with a sore neck sometimes. I recently mad a stuff sack with fleece on the inside (I got the idea from someone here on the forum). We have tried various firmness and right now it has a light weight shirt and a pair of lightweight pants in it. She really liked it better than any other pillow she has tried.

Neither one of us likes our bed very much, so we may go full time this year sometime.

Hammock
    An old frebbie
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x10
    Insulation
    I live in Texas
    Suspension
    Trying new stuff

Re: The Hazards Of Beds!

Thinking of converting... just have to start the process, which means cleaning (organizing) all the crap I have stashed under the bed.
    "Never go anywhere without a knife" - Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Senior Member AppalachianHammock's Avatar
    I really question some of the info in that article, like where they claim that a child absorbs 60times the allowed amount of some chemical every night. Or when they claim to be safe your bed frame should only finished with natural finishes. Like a polyurethane finished headboard is going to give you cancer. Right.
    -Ryan and Kyle Baker, Owners
    www.AppalachianHammock.com

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    You need another question along the lines of "yes, I would like to but the move would cost too much in terms of domestic tranquility". ;-)
    This is why I voted for want to but probably will not.

Images
    Even my hippy self finds that article a bit weird... but me (and my husband) are full-time hammock all the way. In the same hammock. Still working great almost 3 months later now

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thenate1 View Post
    My wife and I are still sleeping in our bed, but we put up a hammock in the bed room too. We have a problem because we both want to use it but are afraid to take it from the other one. i usually leave it free for her to use and take one for the team. Just last night she was having trouble getting comfortable to sleep in the bed and had a great sleep once she went to the hammock.

I think the only thing stopping her at the moment from full time hanging is she can't seem to get the pillow right for her neck. she wakes up with a sore neck sometimes. I recently mad a stuff sack with fleece on the inside (I got the idea from someone here on the forum). We have tried various firmness and right now it has a light weight shirt and a pair of lightweight pants in it. She really liked it better than any other pillow she has tried.

Neither one of us likes our bed very much, so we may go full time this year sometime.
    Try an inflatable travel pillow from WM, $4.88 IIRC, and only inflate 1/2 way. I slip it over my left shoulder as I climb in the hammock and if on my back only have one leg under my neck. When rolling to my side I have the thicker center under my head. Has a fleece cover also that can be removed to launder with the hammock and bedding weekly. YMMV.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

I nap in mine most of the time in the house before heading off to work for the night. I would sleep in it all the time but our miniature poodle ( not so miniature ) likes to sleep with me and he whines when he can't. Getting him up in the hammock is a challenge !

Hammock
    Hennessy Exped /or "other" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy or 9x9DD
    Insulation
    Supershelter
    Suspension
    original
    Images
    Can't say that I would be willing to be a full time hammock user. The wife and I like our bed too much to just stop using it all together. My interest in hammocks is purely for camping. I set mine and hers up at camp (and home sometimes) to relax and lounge around in. I'm working on a solo hammock camping setup now though and is how I found this forum. Glad I did too!!!

Hammock
    gtul
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    diy 20* uq/tq
    Suspension
    whoopies/toggles
    Been 100% for over a year, love it! I have a stand on my porch in the sun, a stand in the shade of an apple tree, hooks in the bedroom, and hooks in the living room. Lots of choices, views, temps, and different hammocks too. Beds are for wimps, hang out and have some fun!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast