Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pacific NW Bellingham/Sedro-Woolley/Mt Vernon Area.

I'm visiting family for about 2 weeks up here. I brought some backpacking gear. I'm a rookie backpacker. In fact I've never been. I've kayak camped and car camped plenty. I'm also in great cardiovascular shape so I'm not worried about getting worn out in fact I'm looking forward to it.

I'm looking for advice on where to go. I'm considering Deception Pass Loop as an over nighter. I believe it's a state park so should be open. It sounds difficult but doable.

If anybody has advice or ideas for this Loop or a different trip I'm all ears. Also, if anybody is available this week for an overnight trip probably Tuesday or Wednesday I don't mind the company, in fact I'd welcome it.

Thanks in advance

Re: Pacific NW Bellingham/Sedro-Woolley/Mt Vernon Area.

I'm a little nervous about my 6' tree hugger straps. The trees here are hugeafied. I forgot to plan accordingly. I should have doubled up on them. I'm sure I can find some little trees from which to hang.

I'm trying out a new DIY G-4 pack I stitched up last week. I'm kinda stoked. Hope it holds up. Lol.

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    If you can find some polyester straps at Walmart, a home improvement store oroutdoor gear store they will help with the larger trees. Enjoy your visit. My temp hit 36* overnight and was I ever glad to be back in the hammock sleeping like a stone.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    If you can find some polyester straps at Walmart, a home improvement store oroutdoor gear store they will help with the larger trees. Enjoy your visit. My temp hit 36* overnight and was I ever glad to be back in the hammock sleeping like a stone.
    Good call on the straps I'll grab some. The Temps are looking fantastic. Low 40's overnight this week. Perfect hanging weather.

One more question. Can I leave the bugnet at home?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES Matcat/4Season
    Insulation
    Pad+Marmot Litium
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Shouldn't be any bugs out there at this time of year. I was just out this weekend in my new-to-me JRB BMBH and 0* bag. Only had a little chilliness under me. Stupid sleeping pad's exhaust valve didn't close all of the way...

It was a last minute trip so I just threw my stand in the back of the truck and found a nice place with a view. This is what I woke up to the next morning.

Not bad I guess. Enjoy your visit!

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    I have seen a few daytime bugs, but at night none other than an occasional moth.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Awesome pics! Look like a good time. Thanks for the bug tip. I'll probably leave the bug net behind. Looks like Deception Pass Loop 15ish miles. Leave Wednesday am coming back Thursday. Suggestions still welcome

Change of plans. Backpacking the Skyline Divide trail instead tomorrow morning-Thursday noon ish.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Glad the OP found an alternate. Washington State Parks are reportedly not hammock friendly, ie. the The 50 State Project: US State Parks & Hammocks thread
    Quote Originally Posted by HangingOut View Post
    I don't have any official correspondence from the state park agency, but base on information I got from two different park rangers I think it is safe to strike Washington State off that list also.
    Rangers at WA St Parks have said nothing can be tied to a tree, even with tree straps.
    Brian
    (formerly Oblique Angler)

Job 41:1, 2

`•.Έ.•΄―`•.Έ.•΄―`•.Έ.•΄><((((Ί>`•.Έ.•΄―`•.Έ.•΄―`•. Έ
    `•.Έ.•΄―`•.Έ.•΄―`•.Έ.•΄―`•.Έ.•΄―`•.Έ.•΄><((((Ί>`•. Έ
    `•.Έ.•΄><((((Ί>―`•.Έ.•΄―`•.Έ.•΄`•.Έ.•΄―`•.Έ.•΄―`•. Έ

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast