Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    This hammock hangers world is great! With help from members here, especially Fallkniven in NJ, I learned something new.....UCRs! That's what came with my new BIAS WWM. I knew a little about whoopies thru Shug's vids, but not UCRs. I've been using a HH explorer w/biners & rings so far. Anyway, as of today, this guy is 'hangable' in his 1st UL kit!! I put it up today in the woods out back in my usual spot. Nice rig...especially with the Incubator slung under it. I'm still scheduled to be out of town on the 15th & 16th, but if it falls through, the gorge is next up on the 'what else can I do' list. If I do end up going, I'll have the Hennessy, 'cuz my HH Hex is going to 2QZQ on Sat. for doors. Need some kind of tarp, so the stock asym will go back on for the interim. I'll still use the UQ, instead of the SuperShelter, on the HH, for sure. Another set of nice pics.......typically New England!!
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    NH, One of these days you'll get out with us. If not, we'll see you at the now infamous, upcoming NEHHA Nor'Easter in January.

Tri-Pod, great to hear that you're happy with your new set up. Always exciting. Keep us posted on your door mod with the Hennessy Hex. I had a WB SF stolen last summer. Currently I have a HH, but I miss the doors. If you give a good report on the door mod, I might be inclined to follow your lead.

Many thanks,
    Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by barrettgajr View Post
    I had a WB SF stolen last summer.
    Stolen??

NOT cool!

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    GG76 (Frank),

Not cool is an understatement........ I had all my gear stolen. A Warbonnet Blackbird, a Superfly, a DIY UQ that my brother had made years ago, my sleeping bag, my pack........... It was a bloody nightmare. My Van was broken into. I estimated the theft at close to $1,200. Realistically, I realized after I reported it, that it was more like $1,500. (No insurance).

But, slowly but surely I have been replacing it. I'm in pretty good shape now. Still odds and ends to deal with but I can go out and live in the woods for a couple of weeks now and I'd be ok. :-)

I hope you get the opportunity to get out in your "Convertible" real soon. That has to be killing you to have that stuff sack sitting there beckoning you to hang it............. Ouch !

All the best. Hope to see you out on the trail soon.

Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Quote Originally Posted by barrettgajr View Post
    GG76 (Frank),

Not cool is an understatement........ I had all my gear stolen. A Warbonnet Blackbird, a Superfly, a DIY UQ that my brother had made years ago, my sleeping bag, my pack........... It was a bloody nightmare. My Van was broken into. I estimated the theft at close to $1,200. Realistically, I realized after I reported it, that it was more like $1,500. (No insurance).

aww man that's horrible. I have a knot in my stomach from reading that.

the worst part is the trash that stole your kit probably has no idea what that stuff is worth.
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    You meet so many great people here, it's hard to remember there are still people out there who really suck. Hope karma bites them in the a$$ soon. (And maybe a Grizzly, too!)

Definitely hoping to make the Gorge hang next weekend. My coworker will be back and SAID she wants the OT. As long as she doesn't change her mind I plan on being up there by 2pm.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HanginTuff View Post

aww man that's horrible. I have a knot in my stomach from reading that.

the worst part is the trash that stole your kit probably has no idea what that stuff is worth.
    Hangin Tuff,

You are right on the money. Whoever got my stuff would look at a UQ and think that it was a messed up sleeping bag without a zipper. Clueless as to what to do with a Trangia stove.

Anyway, have a great day. Hope to see you on the trail one day soon.

GG hopefully next Friday.

Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Gil - I can't do Friday. I'll be there Saturday into Sunday.

EDIT - may have spoken too soon. Coworker may not be back when she said, which means I'll have to work next weekend as well.
    Last edited by guitargeek76; 11-08-2013 at 17:25.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Frank (GG76), Country, Cosmic, and anyone else interested in Chesterfield Gorge.

I would recommend that we reconsider next week-end at Chesterfield Gorge. I got the opportunity to go up there this afternoon. The area from the Trustees of the Reservation, (the actual parking area for the Gorge) down to what used to be the gate to Gilbert Bliss State Forest is now not allowing parking on River Road, (the road that parallels the river for a bit). When you drive down 7/10's of a mile, you now come to a new big welcoming sign to Gilbert Bliss that now includes new language, NO CAMPING.

I backtracked back up to the Reservation to see if there was anything respectable for 3 to 6 hammock hangers and the answer is no. I had intended that we all get into Gilbert Bliss and camp inside there.

An older fellow coming out of the area of the Chesterfield 4 Seasons Club, which is on the right of the Trustees of the Reservation site told me that we aren't allowed to park in their parking lot and that they've had a lot of trouble with kids up there this year trashing the river bank, and they are being hyper vigilante right now.

Interpretation = We're not welcome.

So........................ Plan be would be to:

A. Blow off next week-end entirely;
    B. Do another trip to Lithia Springs Reservoir;
    C. Go to the Group Camping area at DAR State Forest (Goshen), which, according to the DCR State Park Web site allows all season camping, but in the winter, it must be in the Group area.

I'm not working Monday, so I may head up to DAR on Sunday afternoon, Hang there Sunday night, and see how it is. I've never been there before but I'm told it's a nice area.

I'm open for other suggestions if anyone else knows of a spot that we'd be welcome. My only issue (personal issue) is that my left shoulder is still on the mend, so humping into someplace with any amount of distance will be an issue. The hike into Lithia is about my max for the time being until my shoulder is totally healed.

Any suggestions ???

Thanks,
    Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Western Massachusetts Hang spots

I might be able to check out another spot in west chesterfield for you this weekend. That I need to check out myself.

Also I would check in the DAR park to see if the group site is being used.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast