Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    NH (Tim),

That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. If you get a chance, please do check out the spot in West Chesterfield. Let us know what you think.

With regard to the DAR Park Group Site, you are absolutely right, I do plan on checking it out. I'm going to go up there on Sunday afternoon. If the Group Site is available, I'm going to hang up my Hennessy and stay over night. I'll also check it out to see if it would be available for the following week-end.

Country Roads, Cosmic Camper and I have been trying to put together a couple of impromptu hangs between now and the NEHHA Nor' Easter that you have so generously been devoting your time to.

I would appreciate hearing back from you on the West Chesterfield spot. If you don't get to it, no worries, we'll come up with something. We always have Lithia Springs Reservoir as a proven backup.

All the best to you, the Mrs. and the little "Hauks"......

Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Tell you what. If you want you can give me a call when you are coming into chesterfield and we can take a look at the site. I can show where it is and I can check it out. I plan to be in Chesterfield or about most of the day.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Gil, thanks for checking that out. It would have sucked to show up only to have to leave. I hope NH's site works out and I may be able to join you Sunday night, but I'm working until 5 so it would be later.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    NH (Tim),

Thank you so much for the generous offer. I'm still in Chicopee as we speak (Sunday) and am not quite sure when I'm going to be heading up. Still cleaning up some stuff on the "Honey Do" list. Rather than having you wonder if I'm coming, I'm going to opt to go up to DAR this afternoon to the Group site area. I can't conceive that there will be any groups up there. Hang my Hennessy, put on the Incubator and hang for the night. Want to test out the Burrow also.

I would like to take you up at some point on your offer to show us some an alternative site in Chesterfield. I'm sure Country Roads, Cosmic Camper and some of the other Western Mass hangers would be interested. It's tough finding spots where we're welcome.

Again, many thanks for your offer. Stay and play with the family. I'll talk to you soon.

Country, I'm not sure when I'm heading up, but will text you when I get there. If you want to come up tonight, by all means would love to have you, but, on the other hand, if you don't want to stumble around in the dark in unfamiliar territory, I completely understand. No worries.

Thanks to all.
    Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    So Gil and I hung at the DAR last night. The wind was ferocious and it rained on and off and it got down to the mid-20's! But I was toasty...the tarp doors are amazing at stopping the wind. I could hear it but I couldn't feel it. The group site there is nice. There's a loop with a bunch of small sites, each with a picnic table and fire pit, then there's a giant fire pit in the middle with seating around it and a bunch of picnic tables. No where to rig a giant tarp from in case of rain though...but nice out house and a small pond. We need to get some more western mass people out there!

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Western Massachusetts Hang spots

We are actually planning the spring hang there. We just have to set the reservations for it.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Country is right. That wind was screaming Sunday night. Ambient temp at the low point was 27. With the winds as they were, i'd guess the wind chill was probably sub 20.

That would pit it in the Shug Emery category of cold........ Wooooo buddy !!!

Good job Country. Your tarp did the job keeping the wind out. My 0 degree held up to its claim. Only problem I had was cold feet. Should have pit my reflectix under them and that probably would have solved that problem.

The best to all !
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Hey folks,

Just thinking about this weekend and wondering how many people are still interested in trying to hang somewhere? Give a shout out if you want to try to put something together. So far I think it's just Guitar (possibly) and Barrettgajr and myself who are thinking of trying to get out this weekend. We'd love to have more HF people. The way my schedule is looking I will probably only hang one night (I have a lot of school work to do) but I could hang either Friday or Saturday depending on who can hang when. We have yet to determine the spot since the Chesterfield Gorge fell through, but it will be in Western Mass probably in or around the Pioneer Valley.

So chime in if you're interested...

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Country, GG76,

I am just back in town from a short business trip. I just found out that I have to attend a hearing in Boston Friday for one of my client's and won't be back to Western MA until after 6pm. That was my night to hang.

Given the time that I'll be getting back, I'm going to have to pass on this week-end. The Mrs. and I have a commitment for Saturday evening.

I'll start looking at some more dates between now and the Nor'Easter. Sorry for the false start.

Thanks to all.

Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    My coworker decided she's not coming back till mid December. I'm stuck working this weekend. The project is over this weekend, so I'm hoping to have some freedom after this.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast