DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Thanks Raiff for posting those.

The first one is my friend Danielle hanging over the water, the second is a sweet spot where you have a little stone table right next to your hammock, the third is something to find (a tree stand that fell out of the tree), the fourth is another hang spot ( and I thought that would be Raiff's spot because the fire gods dropped a ton of fire wood there), the fifth is the biggest pine tree I've ever seen, the sixth is some kind of dinosaur head, and the seventh a giant pine stump (the top did not appear to be around there anywhere???) You western massers should check this spot out. Bring your fishing poles!

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Way to GO CountryRoads! Some of those look pretty stellar

Finishing up my marathon work weekend sometime this afternoon - I'll have to brainstorm some hotspots in Western MA to contribute to this awesome thread...

My first idea is Mt. Toby off of Rt. 116 in Leverett... it's a little tricky to find the trail head (you have to go through a little dirt road action) but it's a sweet hike and the views from the top are spectacular... especially if you are brave enough to walk up the 75ft fire tower (which has a nice metal staircase and only sways a little). Hammocking could make for a pretty epic adventure... the spot is complete with some lovely stone waterways (I think a small waterfall too) and plenty of trees. One of the next few weekends we (CountryRoads and whoever else wants to investigate) should go on a recon mission.

Second idea - somewhere in Deerfield/Conway, near Still Water (a popular swim spot and the pick-up area of a fantastic lazy river tubing destination) there is an absolutely gorgeous tributary that trickles it's way through magnificent ancient rock down to the Deerfield and eventually the might CT. That would be an excellent option - particularly come spring when the water is swimmable. I'd be up for a recon of that hotspot as well... I am pretty sure a friend of mine just went there and returned with rave reviews, so directions should be attainable.

Much Love,

Cosmic Camper

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Don't forget about Rattle Snake Gutter Cosmic. Doesn't it sound like a wonderful place!

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    So unfortunately Cosmic and I can't hang this weekend (10/26 and 27), but we're going to next weekend at Lithia Springs. We're going to try some other hang spots around the reservoir. Anyone is welcome to join us. I will probably only hang Friday night because I have to work Sunday morning, but we'll see, I might make it a two nighter if some other folks are going to join us. I would just have to leave by 8 AM Sunday. So come on Western massers lets hang next weekend!!!

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Western Massachusetts Hang spots

Would love too but my hanging weekends are limited until my move is done.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Too bad NH. Wish you could join us. We're going to be testing some gear. I put doors on my tarp and am working on a TQ system with a down bag I got at the Salvation Army yesterday!!! I got so lucky...

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
    So unfortunately Cosmic and I can't hang this weekend (10/26 and 27), but we're going to next weekend at Lithia Springs. We're going to try some other hang spots around the reservoir. Anyone is welcome to join us. I will probably only hang Friday night because I have to work Sunday morning, but we'll see, I might make it a two nighter if some other folks are going to join us. I would just have to leave by 8 AM Sunday. So come on Western massers lets hang next weekend!!!
    What time would you guys be getting there on Friday? Work has been taking up all of my weekends lately, but the 2/3 I have the option of working Fri night or Sat night. If I come up there to camp Sat night, I'd have to leave at 8am Sunday as well. So I'm thinking of taking Friday off and coming up. As long as NY'ers are welcome, that is.
    Last edited by guitargeek76; 10-24-2013 at 18:19.

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Woohoo - NYers welcome for sure - just be forewarned that it's not the deep woods or anything! Still a lovely spot and Country Roads was talking' about making a nice fire (our usual spot doesn't have much dry wood) so come on down! Anyone else?!?!

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Well I work until 1:30 on Friday and it takes about 20-30 minutes to get there. I assume cosmic camper is working until 4 or 5. We should try to get there with a couple hours of daylight if we're going to build a fire... I'm thinking probably between 3 and 4 pm for me. It's almost like camping in our backyard so we don't worry too much about giving ourselves a lot of time there...let us know what time you're thinking. I'll need to work out the parking situation. We should be able to park fairly close though.

I guess you got your hammock guitargeek...

NH you're missing the fall foliage...moving is a heck of a lot of work. I don't envy you.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    CountryRoads,

Great idea on the new thread, as we Western Mass Hangers can tend to clog up things a bit. I think it's a great idea to think about a small Western Ma hang. Keep the thought. I for one would e interested. I'm in Chicopee. If there is enough interest, i'll do my part to help get it off the ground.
    Just Hanging Out !

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast