Went on my first backpack over night this past Friday. Hiked from Chipmunk Rapids to Lauterman Lake in the Nicolet NF (only 4-5 miles). Camped on a hardwood ridge over looking the lake and had the whole place to myself. Experienced a lot of "Firsts" on this trip:
- Filtered my own water
- SPAM singles and Poptarts
- Started my fire using fire steel and cottonball
- Used DIY stove for coffee
- "Breakfast From The Hammock" Mr. Shug is definately on to somthing here!
- camping alone in the woods
Cant wait to do it again!