Tarp
    roomy, no guy line
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    56' of straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I know that feeling! Still able to make it up tomorrow?
    The weather tomorrow is supposed to be ****** and now my windshield wipers don't work

Hammock
    underquilt
    Tarp
    roomy, no guy line
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    56' of straps
    Images
    And now I'm stuck waiting for a Beaverdam train that's not coming

Hammock
    underquilt
    Tarp
    roomy, no guy line
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    56' of straps
    Images
    Got stuck in four different places on Sunday, and it was still snowing. Monday, the only way I got out was by snowshoe. Tuesday, I never left the house until evening. The garage door opener is frozen, have to do it manually. The car was in the garage, but still half of it doesn't work anymore. Windows were frozen, stereo won't come on (which I use for navigation), and now the windshield wipers don't work.

Yesterday I didn't have any problem getting around town, so I thought I'd be able to get to work today. But I just couldn't get over the present the plow guy left me. Literally. I got hung up on the axle or the frame or something, and just digging out the wheels didn't help.

Now I'm finally at my job, a couple hours late. I just want to walk out to the middle of the woods with a bottle of booze, sit up against a tree overlooking a lake, and drown my woes away.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it up tomorrow if there's snow/rain/sleet with my windshield wipers not working, so I'm going to try to make it up tonight and beat the weather. I wasn't planning on three nights when I left the house today, and I'm in Jackson now, working. So I'll have to wing it.

Now THIS is CAMPING! Going out into the wilderness, half-fast (say it quickly and you'll know what I mean) prepared, expecting the worst of weather! LOL. Things would be too easy if you actually had all your duck in a row. In a battle against the elements, I like to give the elements a fighting chance I guess!

Okay, so I'll be heading up when I get finished working here. If you see a Town Car in the parking lot with wipers in the up position and the rear bumper falling off, that's me. Don't be surprised if you find me sleeping in the car. If so, feel free to wake me and we'll find a campsite.

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Quote Originally Posted by 3club View Post
    Got stuck in four different places on Sunday, and it was still snowing. Monday, the only way I got out was by snowshoe. Tuesday, I never left the house until evening. The garage door opener is frozen, have to do it manually. The car was in the garage, but still half of it doesn't work anymore. Windows were frozen, stereo won't come on (which I use for navigation), and now the windshield wipers don't work.

Yesterday I didn't have any problem getting around town, so I thought I'd be able to get to work today. But I just couldn't get over the present the plow guy left me. Literally. I got hung up on the axle or the frame or something, and just digging out the wheels didn't help.

Now I'm finally at my job, a couple hours late. I just want to walk out to the middle of the woods with a bottle of booze, sit up against a tree overlooking a lake, and drown my woes away.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it up tomorrow if there's snow/rain/sleet with my windshield wipers not working, so I'm going to try to make it up tonight and beat the weather. I wasn't planning on three nights when I left the house today, and I'm in Jackson now, working. So I'll have to wing it.

Now THIS is CAMPING! Going out into the wilderness, half-fast (say it quickly and you'll know what I mean) prepared, expecting the worst of weather! LOL. Things would be too easy if you actually had all your duck in a row. In a battle against the elements, I like to give the elements a fighting chance I guess!

Okay, so I'll be heading up when I get finished working here. If you see a Town Car in the parking lot with wipers in the up position and the rear bumper falling off, that's me. Don't be surprised if you find me sleeping in the car. If so, feel free to wake me and we'll find a campsite.
    I was searching around for quotes regarding overcoming adversity , but the heck with it . " You the man 3 club "

Hammock
    underquilt
    Tarp
    roomy, no guy line
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    56' of straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by riverjoe View Post
    I was searching around for quotes regarding overcoming adversity , but the heck with it . " You the man 3 club "

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    I don't have the gear to Come but have been following the events here. Can't wait for the trip report guys. Safe trip!

Hammock
    GT Ultralight/DIY
    Tarp
    big daddy
    Insulation
    pad/PLUQ
    Suspension
    DIY straps/whoopie
    Well I am burning a vacation day for this so I'm going. Guess sitting in the hammock listening to the rain with a coffee and a good book would just be horrible. NOT...

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Mini vacation starts now, so time to gather and pack gear. Weather will be what it will be. I'm still optimistic about having a great weekend. Look forward to meeting those of you who show up.

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    The annual Polar Vortex hang . I like that phrase . Maybe that'll be my new pseudo name . Too bad we just chased it back to the north pole one day early .

Hammock
    underquilt
    Tarp
    roomy, no guy line
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    56' of straps
    Images
    Do we have to pay the park this time of year ?

• + New Posts
  • Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast