Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images

JRB Fall MAHHA RAFFLE AAR

Smee and I returned home safely... We had a truely enjoyable Hang...Always great to see old friends and meet new folk.

First we want to thank all of the vendors who have joined in the raffle support over the years... Fall MAHHA Vendors Doners included Papa Smurf at Dream Hammock, Stormcrow of Hammock Gear, Dutch of Dutchware, Tato, 2Q from 2QZQ. We would also like the many individuals that donated DIY and other items. By every estimate the prizes totalled over $3,000 retail value.

Raffle proceeds came to $1710.

Watoga pavillion and site rentals came to $675 or so. After consult with WV and Happy Camper we gave Watoga State Park $1000 for hosting us. (We are sure to be wecome back to this great site in the future... ).

Reimbursements for Burgers, dogs and buns came to $130.
    Remibursements for Wings came to $ 50.
    Reimbursement for Firewood deliver came to $ 40. (Note JD we nee a PM with your real world name and address... Thanks).

Remaining proceeds are donations to ATC of $100 and $390 to Hammock Forums/White Blaze.

Again, it was a pleasure to attend the Fall MAHHAand an honor to again host the raffle... Special thanks to WV, Dutch and Happy Camper for all their work to make it happen.

See you at the Spring MAHHA!

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Dyneema
    Insulation
    Renagade/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Bling
    Wow, where to start...

First and foremost, thank you to absolutely everyone for making our first group hang an amazing and rewarding experience. My wife and I had a great time, and look forward to future hangs.

Thanks to all those involved with organizing (Happy Camper, WV, etc.), the cooks, JD for firewood and 'refreshments', and Papa Smurf - the UQ loaner was literally a lifesaver!

Special thanks to the vendors (Papa Smurf, Dutch, Pan, Smee, 2Q, Tato and of course, Stormcrow!) - All of you make these hangs possible! (We're VERY grateful for the raffle winnings!)

The demos and classes were interesting and very informative - I look forward to implementing what I learned and using the amazing new gear.

Hope to see many of you at the NoVa hang, it's a very nice park and has several great hikes.

- Jeremiah & Nicole

Hammock
    Jellyfish Deluxe
    Tarp
    JRB and HG
    Insulation
    HG 0 and 30 degree
    Suspension
    whoopies or buckle
    Had a great time and was nice meeting lots of you on the forum. Since I'm new and the this was my first event, I was learning a lot. (could of learned more if I would have taken it easy on the whiskey friday night). Maybe next event I'll actually sleep in my hammock and not my tent. Great people and great park. Thanks!

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    It was great to meet new people and see some familiar faces, and as always, everyone was very generous and kind, HF members are a wonderful group of people! We arrived a little late Friday (almost dark) so setting up was interesting But everyone was warm (thanks WV) and cozy. Saturday morning's pancake breakfast was enticing enough to get out of the warm hammock's (thanks Dutch). The hammock tour was awesome and informative (I should have made notes...) Dinner was delish, soooo much food!! The raffle was a huge success^ thanks to all the vendors who donated such awesome gear (I'm a little partial to HammockGear right now lol) It was cold Sunday morning (unless you had a new quilt ) But we pulled ourselves out of the hammocks, and tried to say bye to everyone. All in all the MAHHA was a awesome weekend, BEAUTIFUL location, and a little chilly

A special thank you from the girls -
    To the guy that gave us lots of cookies, cuz that was nice.
    To the guy who gave Daddy an underquilt so Gwen could have his.
    To the guy who let Gwen sit in his lap.
    And to the guy who let us read the tickets, that was fun!
    And a big thanks to the guys that put it together!
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    Jellyfish Deluxe
    Tarp
    JRB and HG
    Insulation
    HG 0 and 30 degree
    Suspension
    whoopies or buckle
    I posted some pictures of the weekend in my gallery

Hammock
    DIY Speer Type
    Tarp
    JRB, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Peapod, JRB, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Great time...

We had a wonderful time. Would like to add our thanks to the organizers, the vendors and individuals who donated to the raffle and all who prepared and brought the delicious food. Certainly a great success!
    Gentle raindrops and mighty oceans...neither can exist without the other.
    Time heals all wounds...but it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Thanks for the pictures so far. Hope there will be plenty more.
    Unfortunately I forgot my camera this trip

I gotta say, this is among the very best group hangs I've been on. It helped that I wasn't part of those that did all the work to plan it.
    A huge thanks to Happy Camper, WV & others that helped pull it together. Also a huge thanks to all the vendors that made the raffle so exciting. I didn't win anything big but it was still fun & it served it's purpose well.

Of course the people were the best part of the weekend. I always wish I had spent more time talking to people rather than hanging back, watching & listening.

And thanks to Dutch & Kangeru for cooking a great breakfast on Sat morn! They stood there & cooked for hours it seamed.
    And a big thanks to all those that prepared that huge feast for Sat eve!

Great to see old friends & meet new ones.
    The State Park & camp ground was very nice too.

Now were are those pictures
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sounds like a big ol' wonderful convocation of comfortable and happy hangers.
    Impressive raffle!
    Whoooooo Buddy))))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Just got home

after a third night at Watoga - Thanks to WV and HF for the free campsite Sunday night.

I have been frequenting Watoga for over 30 years, sometimes alone, sometimes with small groups, and I can say that this weekend was THE BEST stay I have ever experienced. Wonderful to finally put faces to so many names I have known only online, even if my face/name memory module is a bit rusty.

Thanks to the organizers, thanks to the vendors, and thanks to the amazingly innovative members of this forum from who I gleaned many good ideas for further modifications to mu fleet of hammocks.

And shame on you Stormcrow, for setting up the WB Bridge hammock - now I want one (don't need one, just WANT one!)

For those of you who were unable to stay another night, JD and I hung out at a riverside site with four great semi-locals, one of who was a master at the guitar and had a fine singing voice. A fine, and cold evening.

My first MAHHA hang, but not my last.

Jim

PS: Congratulations to Matthew and Sam for successfully taming and riding my recumbent bike. Well done!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Thumbs up Big problsm

I Have one BIG problem with the fall hangIT WAS TOO SHORT!!!!!,
    For my first group hang i would have to say that i was truly amazed at how friendly everyone was, i was welcomed by everyone that i met, alot of members went out of their way to come and find me and make me feel right at home, we wandered into several campsites and everytime we did we were welcomed into the conversations and were made to feel very comfortable.
    We got in very late and ended up moving our entire setup saturday morning so we missed the hammock and gear tour but took it upon ourselves to ask others to show us thiers and everyone was more than happy to take the time to answer any questions we had. My wife tried out a jrb bridge hammock for the first time and fell in love with it and i have decided that i would like a wwb type bridge,so we have added to our wish lists.
    We want to thank everyone that worked so hard to make this hang work and i want to thank everyone that made us feel at home and welconed us into the group as if we were family.
    Way too many names to mention but i am gled i have found such a wonderful group of people and i am grateful to be a part of it...
    Next time lets make it longer, i could have stayed there a week and never have gotten tired of it.
    Great experiance!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast