Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images

Watoga 2013 Fall MAHHA Hang Reports

Thanks everyone for coming to Watoga! Another wonderful hang! As always my favorite part is all the wonderful people that come to MAHHA. I hope there will be pictures posted here soon! It was my first time camping at Watoga and it was just as beautiful as described!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    MazGear
    Tarp
    MazGear/SuperFly
    Insulation
    MazGear/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Awesome awesome awesome...

Not only was it awesome cause it was held in my home state but what makes it great are ALL the wonderful people of this hammock state of mind....Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this event ....you know who you are!!!

And an extra big thanks to ALL the vendors for their contributions to one of the best raffles I've been a part of....I didn't win big but there were some that did....good job!!!!

And an EXTRA EXTRA big THANK YOU to HappyCamper and WV for all their hard work and effort they put into this event to make it possible.

HIKE ON
    Maz , Fire-Fly and MoMo

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Awesome weekend. Nice to put faces with names. Can't wait to see some pictures. For now I must get some sleep. I took the long way home to surprise my wife and son at my other house for a couple hours since I will be on work travel starting tomorrow. It turned a 3 hour drive into 6 I hope everyone made it home safe.

Also a big THANK YOU to all who donated to the raffle. I know I got some good stuff

Brian P.

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    I had a great first group hang. I was given my trail name. Met some hammockforum.net celebrities (Papa Smurf, Dutch, Pan, Smee, WV, 2Q), some great individuals (Dennis, Eweker, Hamhocker, Padovini, Gadget, Maztrain, Fire Fly, Zilla, Visionarylion), ate some delicious camp food (thanks Eweker and Hamhocker!), and I got to go hammock camping!

I'd say the member who left the biggest impact though was Momo. Every time I was walking to/from the bathhouse she wanted to play. I think she ran more laps around me than the Daytona 500. Such a fun little dog.

Also, I second Maztrain's thanks to all the vendors, and members for your contributions to the raffle. I tried out my DIY, one of a kind, ultralight hammock, this morning before hitting the road. Country Roads did a great job on this project. It's plenty wide to give me a comfy lay, it fits just right with my underquilt, and I am looking forward to hanging it at the NoVa hang in just over a month's time. I have already modified it by removing the continuous loops for suspension, and replacing them with a couple of whoopie slings I had laying around. The post mod weight came in at 7.7oz. Crazy that my new hammock weighs less than half a pound. Thanks Country Roads!!!

And also, thanks to the various conversations/demonstrations/explanations, I am excited to get back to the drawing board to keep searching for my ultimate setup.

See ya in the woods sometime!!
    -Uphill

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Balloons
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    This was a large group. Estimates on attendance and raffle results will be interesting. We had one entire loop of the campground. Beautiful park, by the way.

Kudos to the volunteers and organizers. It was a well-run event. Fun for all. I hope fun for the people who put it together. They were smiling part of the time, anyway. Happy Camper, WV, Dutch, Pan, Smee, Papa Smurf, are just the ones I can think of right now.

The potluck and raffle were done well. We were lucky about the rain. Just a light sprinkle at the very end of the raffle. Thanks to the cooking crew, who were recruited on the spot, and who worked around the blast furnace to cook burgers and hot dogs. Great variety of non-camp food from numerous contributors.

I could not have wanted a better group of people to hang with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I love the unimproved works of God. - Horace Kephart

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB UQ,MLD Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I had a wonderful first hang. There will be many many more to come for me. Great people and great food. Thanks everyone.

So sad I had to miss this, glad everyone had a great time and I can't wait to see all the pic's.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    SMr Pares
    Tarp
    SMr Nube'
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I too had a great time at my first group hang. i was impressed on how everyone made a newbe like my self so welcomed. Dutch, the other Dutch (Dennis), JD, Dale, Brian P, and all the others I met but can remember their names. I thank you.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Great hang Super scenery
    Great hiking
    Might be a good place for another one
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    It was a great time seeing and talking with so many folks as well as meeting so many new people.

Awesome location. Possibly one of the cleanest and best maintained State Parks I have ever visited. Spacious sites, good trees, good water, flushies, nice fire rings, no litter, etc....
    I also had some of my family staying at one of the Park's cabins just 4 miles down the road. The cabin they stayed in was also very well maintained, fully stocked, clean and comfortable.
    Thanks to WV for setting up this hidden gem of a place.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast