Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Asym
    Insulation
    DIY 2/3 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Toggles

DIY Gear Supply is Awesome

The Best Customer Service I've Ever Had

So I ordered materials a couple weeks ago from DIY Gear Supply to make my first (non-PLUQ) under-quilt. A few days later the USPS site showed my package had been delivered to my house. That evening after work I excitedly anticipated starting my latest project. To my dismay there was nothing other than the usual credit card solicitations and political pamphlets for the current Virginia governor's race. Disappointed I figured there was a hiccup in the post office’s system and I’d get my package the next day. To my dismay it was not there again.

I contacted the USPS and was told they would look into it. In the mean time I emailed Scott at DIY Gear Supply and asked him what the packages would have looked like and how much it weighed. He responded saying it was in a Tyvek envelope and weight between one and two pounds. Over the next few days I proceeded to call the lady handling my case at the USPS to give her this info. I called and called. Her phone rang and rang and rang and rang . . . Really? The USPS doesn’t have voice mail?

A week of unanswered calls and frustration later I get an email from the USPS basically saying the tracking showed it as delivered and I should contact my local police about the theft of the package. Like my police are going to care about $50 of fabric and cordage.

That afternoon I got an email from Scott asking if I had heard anything. Told him what the post office had emailed me and that I was planning on placing another order that evening for a trip I have planned next week. An hour later I got an email back saying not to bother and that he was going to replace my order FREE OF CHARGE!

WHAT!?!?

I was not expecting that. I wrote back thanking him and offering to pay something to cover his costs but Scott refused. I was (and still am) amazed. Nothing that happened was his fault. He had no obligation to help me out. He is just that kind of guy and runs that kind of business. He just earned himself a lifetime customer. DIY Gear Supply will be the first place I check for any of my gear making needs and if he has it that will be the last site I check.

Awesome! Just awesome.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    I always enjoy dealing with Scott! Super stand up guy to say the least.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    This doesn't surprise me at all - Scott's one of the nicest people to do business with. He really does care and takes extra good care of his customers.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ, Karo TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Always my goto spot for all my projects

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 w/net,Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY D&Syn TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    CinchB & WS,Dutch

DIY Gear Supply

Ditto on the above-Excellent Service Every Time.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamescott View Post
    The Best Customer Service I've Ever Had

So I ordered materials a couple weeks ago from DIY Gear Supply to make my first (non-PLUQ) under-quilt. A few days later the USPS site showed my package had been delivered to my house. That evening after work I excitedly anticipated starting my latest project. To my dismay there was nothing other than the usual credit card solicitations and political pamphlets for the current Virginia governor's race. Disappointed I figured there was a hiccup in the post office’s system and I’d get my package the next day. To my dismay it was not there again.

I contacted the USPS and was told they would look into it. In the mean time I emailed Scott at DIY Gear Supply and asked him what the packages would have looked like and how much it weighed. He responded saying it was in a Tyvek envelope and weight between one and two pounds. Over the next few days I proceeded to call the lady handling my case at the USPS to give her this info. I called and called. Her phone rang and rang and rang and rang . . . Really? The USPS doesn’t have voice mail?

A week of unanswered calls and frustration later I get an email from the USPS basically saying the tracking showed it as delivered and I should contact my local police about the theft of the package. Like my police are going to care about $50 of fabric and cordage.

That afternoon I got an email from Scott asking if I had heard anything. Told him what the post office had emailed me and that I was planning on placing another order that evening for a trip I have planned next week. An hour later I got an email back saying not to bother and that he was going to replace my order FREE OF CHARGE!

WHAT!?!?

I was not expecting that. I wrote back thanking him and offering to pay something to cover his costs but Scott refused. I was (and still am) amazed. Nothing that happened was his fault. He had no obligation to help me out. He is just that kind of guy and runs that kind of business. He just earned himself a lifetime customer. DIY Gear Supply will be the first place I check for any of my gear making needs and if he has it that will be the last site I check.

Awesome! Just awesome.

I Had fedex lose a package last week as well and the person who they delivered it too was nice enough to return it but i have read a few times on here the same thing happen to other members who werent so lucky.
    In almost every case that involved one of the small cottage vendors like diy supply or dutch or even gary from readystrap they have allways been willing to help work it out and or replace the order at no extra cost, just a remarkable group of people on this forum.
    My biggest concern is that someone will try and scam them an ruin it for all the good people here..

I STRONGLY suggest that when this sort of thing happens that instead of telling everybody , you just show your gratitude by giving a good review and give the vendor your loyalty and maybe even place another order , refer them to everyone you know, but keep the details of how you got an entire order replaced at no charge to you to your self to help protect the vendor from scam artists!.
    Just my opinion but i think we owe it to them to try our best to look out for them as they are allways looking out for us!

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Awesome customer service from DIY Gear supply....

Shipped a package few weeks ago via USPS that said it was delivered but receiver never got it..This was actually the first time I ever had a problem with USPS. Have shipped over 50 packages over past 3 years and received over 100 and never once an issue. Their track record IMO is still pretty good.

I recently ordered a number of items from DIY Gear Supply for two projects I'm working on. I'm new around here, so I checked thru the Forum to see who might be a good supplier. They seemed to have a lot of supporters.

In short, I got my stuff, paid a fair price for it, and everything was as described on the web site. No problems at all.

And that is all it takes to make me a loyal customer.

My thanks to them, and to the Forum members for recommending them!

Mike S.
    Spring Hill, FL

Hammock
    DIY USN digital camo
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs Tarp 9
    Insulation
    none yet
    Suspension
    Dyneema Whoopies
    Thanks for the heads up review! I will certainly make Scott my go to guy for ordering any more DIY items.

Hammock
    ENO doublenest, and DIY
    Tarp
    Blue monster from
    Insulation
    SOON im cold
    Suspension
    woopies and hugs
    Could not agree more Scott is a great guy. My order was running late on arriving and he emailed several times to check up on things until I got it. I have not had an issue with previous orders either Scott always processed and shipped right away so I new something was up. I think USPS misplaced it or something?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast