Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images

mac cat deluxe or???

hi friends...

so i just received my claytor expedition this past weekend and hung out saturday night. i had a great night's sleep. i feel the conversion has taken place already.

onto more pressing issues (other than the buckle ring system i see a lot of you using, and of which i'll investigate) i need a tarp. i opted not to get the diamond fly by the claytor, thinking it was too small for the rains i'll get on the ridges in PA during april-may.

so i did a quick investigation of some tarps you guys are using and have been led towards OES's mac cat deluxe. will this tarp be good for me during spring/summer/fall usage along the AT in PA? i've learned awhile ago that it's better to shell out the extra money for the best piece of equipment rather than to buy 2 lesser products and then end up buying the better one later.

talk to me!

wags

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    so i did a quick investigation of some tarps you guys are using and have been led towards OES's mac cat deluxe. will this tarp be good for me during spring/summer/fall usage along the AT in PA? i've learned awhile ago that it's better to shell out the extra money for the best piece of equipment rather than to buy 2 lesser products and then end up buying the better one later.
    Can't go wrong with the Deluxe from OES. Very high quality. For less than 2oz and $15 you could get the ultra which would also make a great winter tarp.

The Speer winter tarp is also a good choice and is easy to close the ends up.
    Last edited by hangnout; 04-19-2009 at 19:06.

I just spent three of six rainy nights under a Macat DLX on the BMT, my JRB Nest never got a drop of moisture on it and one of the nights was quite windy and my setup was less than ideal, IE, angled into the wind, not broadside. It is NOT a winter tarp though, doesn't do much for the wind unless you are set up at right angles to it. Some here use the DLX with a sock or over/undercover in the winter with success.

• + New Posts