Hammock
    Hennessy
    Insulation
    Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Hennessy suspen.

My night owl has landed!!!!

For the past several years i've hammocked in a hennessy explorer deluxe. It was my first hammock and it really is a great product. I bought my son a wb traveler hammock that i used a few times but since have outweighed the limit on it.
    Now the Hennessy is a great product and i do love it. However i do experience a great deal of calf pressure while laying in it. Yes i know about putting pads under the legs and i've done that. The material is a really thick material, made extremely well, it's just stiff.
    So on a few excursions this fall when the bugs magically disappeared, i threw back the tarp and unzipped the bug net and cast it aside to watch the stars and the moon.
    Not being completely enclosed was a whole new experience and got me thinking about other possibilities. So after researching and biting the bullet i opted for a Wilderness Logics Night owl. I was a little nervous at first as you know the Hennessy comes with a certain suspension. I use the figure eight knots to hang and its comforting that the suspension lines are nice and thick. I've read about whoopie slings no the forum but was apprehensive about them being so thin. I'm 5'11 250.
    To make a long story short, I am truly glad i did purchase this hammock. It is by far the most comfortable rest i've had yet. Again i am not knocking my hennessy, its a great hammock. However i awoke iwth no hip pain or calf cramps. I didn't have to shift throughout the night to relieve the pressure on my legs.
    It is a really top notch product, very well stitched, clean lines, very big mind you at eleven feet, but the comfort level is unbelievable. I feel as if i went from a honda, and i say this because i own one, to a luxery sports car.
    And the fabric is like laying being wrapped in the finest silk, compared to the stiffness of the Hennessy.
    Marty at Wilderness logics answered all my inquiries the same day that i asked them. I ordered on Monday and got my hammock Sat and immediately set it up outside.
    Conditions were, breezy, high 20's, cold. But i was as comfy as a chipmunk in a nest.
    My gear is 11WB Tarp from Underground Quilts. 20 degree underquilt from Hammockgear. And a converted ems 20 degree bag i turned into a topquilt.
    Not sure if the tarp is going to make it coverage wise...its really close. however i think i can make it work.
    Also give shout out to Mr. Hanson for his hammock gear inclinator app. After punching in the figures i set the hammock exactly as it suggested the hammock had a pretty good lay.

A few things i'm not experienced iwth is adjustable ridgelines. there's quite a bit of sag in the line after i adjusted it to what i like on my hennessy. is this normal? And also, i sleep head left feet right, is it normal for one side to be higher, the foot side, and you have just a little hammock near your head side. I know in my hennessy you sit a litlte left to center. I tried to mimick that in my Night owl.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    I'm glad it worked out for you! So yours has a ridgeline? I don't think my light owl has one.

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Insulation
    Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Hennessy suspen.
    The ridgeline was added with the order...i've never hung in a hammock without one and thought it would be best to have Marty add one to the hammock.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Klymit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Very nice looking hammock. Enjoy!!
    A lotta ins... lotta outs... lotta what-have-you's

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    MOST EXCELLENT !

Wilderness Logics ROCKS!

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Love those owls.... My lite owl is one of my most comfy hammocks. WL is good stuff.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

• + New Posts