Hammock
    WB XLC Blackbird double 1.7, NANO 7
    Tarp
    WB Cammo Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yetti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing

Thumbs up Arizona>Lake Pleasant Regional Park > 25-27 OCT 2013 > Multi-day Hang and Hike

Hi HF,

Well, This weekend we had an Impromtu hang and it turned out to be an all weekend hanger. Me & OLDNTATTED got together and and hung at Lake Pleasant in Morristown, AZ. Well here is the story.

Friday Night:

We get to the park (at 8:30pm) and find a spot on the south side of the park on the Pipeline Trailhead. We decided that we would hike to the bridge on this trail where there should be water a ½ mile down the trail. When we reached the Bridge and it was amazing but with one little issue....there was not a drop of water at all...completely dry bed. So much for that plan. We could have hung on the bridge but we would have been awakened by hikers coming in early that morning. So we decided to continue on up the trail and find a suitable “TREE” in the desert to hang from. After another ½ mile of hiking with no success of finding the 2 trees to hang from, we decided to go off the trail...In the dark...In the desert to look for suitable trees to hang from. We find 2 possibilities. We drop our gear and start hacking at the “bushes” for hanging..long story short, they were just two weak for hanging. So we decide to leave the gear mark the spot on the trail and go on foot further down the trail to look for better trees to hang from.

At this point its like 11pm and we end up hiking to the end of the 2 mile trail with no luck. So we head back to the gear spot and decide that we will have to find another spot to hang from.

We end up driving to a camp area were there were lots of folks camping in tents. We found 3 perfect trees to hang from. So after set-up, hot coco, a fire and some conversation we hit the hammock for the night at 3:30AM.

Saturday morning:

We wake up in the morning (6am), to making some cocoa fire and egg, sausage and cheese burritos. OLDNTATTED realizes that he left some “Important gear” on the mountain that we attempted to hang at last night. So we agree that we need to pack up camp and head back to the spot from last night. After taking down the hammocks, we are approached by the park ranger telling us that we are not suppose to be camping there and this area had a reservation. (good thing we were all packed up). So we head back over to the Pipeline trail and start the search for the lost gear. As we find it , we head back down the trail and notice a few trees in the daylight that may have been good to hang from but was not going to happen because it was just to dark the night before.

So while we are out there we notice a not so noticed trail that lead to what we would find out to be Pipeline Cove. After discovering natural spring, we decided to hang out and let the dogs (Feet) rest in the Cove...

Fast forward to about 10pm that night...

We decide to hang the 2nd night at the Trailhead were we started the night hike. There were a few trees (with thorns) good enough to hang from. After hanging up (stealth), and enjoying a coco or 2 and some cookies, we hit the hammock just before midnight.

Sunday Morning:

Fast forward to Sunday morning, we are up and hammocks put away by 7pm. We cook breakfast and decide that we want to view the lake from one of the desert mountains...Off trail. So off we go to the top of a peak that turned out to be a great view of the lake.

We head back down and visit the marina and the Welcome Center, bringing the trip to a close.

GOOD TIME!!!! GOOD HANGING!!!

Below are a few pick from the trip and I will have a video series up in a few days.

I am sure that OLDNTATTED will be able to fill in the blanks and highlight things that I have forgotten... So stay tuned to this Thread for more updating photos and Videos...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you see me on the trail...DON'T YELL!...DON'T BAIL!... Its just your BOY, Camomeleon!!!

www.camomeleon.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/XtremeKatfishn

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB UQ,MLD Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Looks like a awesome time. I hope to make it to Arizona someday. I wanns see the red mountains.
    TDHanger

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Cammo Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yetti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by TDHanger View Post
    Looks like a awesome time. I hope to make it to Arizona someday. I wanns see the red mountains.
    We Will be looking for ya!!! Give us a holler!!!!!
    If you see me on the trail...DON'T YELL!...DON'T BAIL!... Its just your BOY, Camomeleon!!!

www.camomeleon.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Cammo Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yetti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Hi GUYS!!!

Here is the Video series of the Trip. ENJOY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...B-qIw-hAKs632X

It was a blast in Everyway!!! If you in Arizona and want to hang, come on out!!!

www.camomeleon.com

Hammock
    D.I.Y. Backwoods Dreamer
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. Hex tarp
    Insulation
    My WOOBIE
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images

A couple of pics for ya.

Some shots from my direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    WOW! I don't think it would have ever occurred to me to try ang hang at Lake Pleasant, AZ! But you guys got er done! Way to go!

• + New Posts