Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ridgerunner

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner

New Ridgerunner

My new Ridgerunner arrived in the mail yesterday. Several people had told me that the 3-4 week shipping time listed on the Warbonnet website could take up to 7-8 weeks depending on how busy Branden was with orders. My Ridgerunner arrived 3 weeks and 2 days after I order it (Thanks Branden!!!).
    I own 4 hammocks (so far), a Mayan noname hammock, an ENO DN, a Hennessey Expedition Deluxe side entry and now the Ridgerunner. I love the Hennessey but the Ridgerunner is the first hammock I have setup and slept all night in the first night I had it. This is the most comfortable hammock I have ever used. My only problem is that I am using it indoors for the winter and only have an 11' (possibly 13' after some adjustments) indoor pipe stand. I'm sure that the Ridgerunner will be even more comfortable when I get it outdoors and can set it up using 15' to 20' between hang points. Anyone have any suggestions for making things even more comfortable when hanging in small spaces?

BTW, I've decided this Ridgerunner will be staying indoors as my permanant bed replacement and I'll be ordering another RR for outdoor use.
    Last edited by mtroxell; 10-29-2013 at 07:49.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Congrats on the new rig. I've read that a pad helps make the RR even more comfortable. Did you get a double layer?
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Congrats on the new rig. I've read that a pad helps make the RR even more comfortable. Did you get a double layer?
    I got a double layer Ridgerunner. I have a Big Agnes 25" wide insulated air matress to use with it.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by mtroxell View Post
    ...(possibly 13' after some adjustments)...
    ...Anyone have any suggestions for making things even more comfortable when hanging in small spaces?...
    Make your adjustments, get that 13' and use every bit of it. In my opinion, you haven't started to experience the comfort a RR can provide. Aim for a hang angle of 25* as a starting point.

After that, you can modify the suspension triangles if you still need to hang it flatter.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Make your adjustments, get that 13' and use every bit of it. In my opinion, you haven't started to experience the comfort a RR can provide. Aim for a hang angle of 25* as a starting point.

After that, you can modify the suspension triangles if you still need to hang it flatter.
    I made a few minor adjustments and slept straight through the night in the RR for the second night in a row since I got it this Monday. Now I just need to get rid of the bed thats taking up space in my bedroom

I made one minor mod. I use a Big Agnes air mattress with the Ridgerunner and I added two small velcro tabs to the ends of the openings where the air matress slides between the layers so that the air matress won't slide out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

yup, slept in mine last night but I really want to have some doors on it for winter time, tried to close the cloudburst up by putting a couple of pullouts low under the pole pullouts but it just did not give me enough

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post

This is my third night indoors with the Ridgerunner. I changed the pipe stand from running across the bedroom to running from corner to corner, added a 4' piece of pipe and gained 4 feet in length. The stand is now 15' and the hang angle is at 20 - 25*. Even more comfortable than it was. I'm definitely using the RR as a permanent bed replacement. Now I just have to sell a few of my other hammocks so I can afford to buy a second RR to use outdoor. Oh, and get rid of the bed that's taking up space in my hammock room.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Bingo! You might want to shorten the legs on the pipe stand after the bed is gone.

Hammock
    DL with Bug Net
    Tarp
    Guid Gear Cat Cut
    Insulation
    Down UQ, SB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

New Ridgerunner

Nice setup mtroxell
    I do believe a WBRR will be my next hammock unless something better comes along by the time I can afford one

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Do you like having the 3" addition in for spreader bar or leave it out? I've been back and forth. The last time I left it in but woke up with a cramped shoulder (right side). Not sure if taking it out will help.

Good to hear your enjoy the RR. I just got mine as well and love it for the most part.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast