Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Yeti UQ

Ok, has anyone with a Yeti UQ tried it on a non-asym hammock.
    Specifically, I'm thinking of a BM Bridge hammock. Would the asym cut of the Yeti work OK with a bridge? I would think so (and I will test it for myself)...just wanted to know if anyone had first hand knowledge...
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    The asym cut of the Yeti is fairly minor IMO. I have tested it on every hammock I have and it has worked. I have used it (actually in the field) on my Claytors and very recently on a few different Clark models. I know they aren't "bridge" results, but both of those hammock models offer very little in the way of an asym hang so I think the results would be similar.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    The asym cut of the Yeti is fairly minor IMO. I have tested it on every hammock I have and it has worked. I have used it (actually in the field) on my Claytors and very recently on a few different Clark models. I know they aren't "bridge" results, but both of those hammock models offer very little in the way of an asym hang so I think the results would be similar.
    kinda what I was thinking...
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I've used my Yeti on a few different gathered end hammocks (Traveler, ENO, etc). Works fine on those.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    Billybob has tried it on the bmbh, and i think the results pointed to a possible empty spot under the bottom center due to differences in shape of gathered end vs bridge. i believe he said he was able to slip a light down vest in there to fill the void. maybe he will comment on the results.

Images
    the yeti should work fine on any end-gathered hammock that you are able to reach over the edge of and grab the edge of the quilt for adjustment. the stock hh without a zipper mod is the only end gathered hammock that i can think of that wouldn't work.

with all other end gathered hammocks, you might need 2 small accessory biners or equivalent which aren't needed to fit a warbonnet hammock. it's also meant to fit a 10' hammock body, a drastically shorter hammock might leave the tension too loose. having it fairly tight reduces the tendancy of the uq to slide towards center makeing it much less of a problem. shortening the suspension loop would be recommended for a shorter hammock. the yeti would fit a longer hammock WITHOUT needing the suspension loop lenghtened, probably up to 11'-12'

3 season yeti's are still expected to be ready for td's.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Images
    have to ask, what is "td's"?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Trail Days most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.Biomed View Post
    have to ask, what is "td's"?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I doubt I will make it to TD, so I might have to wait until they are available for order. Very soon in Georgia we will be into weather where I want little or no under insulation. Nights down here can be brutal when the humidity is over 9000 percent and the low is 80.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    Ok, has anyone with a Yeti UQ tried it on a non-asym hammock.
    Specifically, I'm thinking of a BM Bridge hammock. Would the asym cut of the Yeti work OK with a bridge? I would think so (and I will test it for myself)...just wanted to know if anyone had first hand knowledge...
    No, but I tried WB's original Climashield version on the BMBH. I don't know if these products are identical except for CS vs down, or if there are difs? ( just saw WBG's post- yep, what he said re: my test)

Anyway, there were some problems with fit. Surprisingly, the seal on both head and foot ends were great, better and more consistent than on my Claytor No Net! I don't think the Asym was much of a factor. But there seemed to be some gaps on the side edges, unless I really tightened it up. I'm not sure how much that might effect warmth, if at all.

But of more concern, I think there was a gap- where the quilt would not snug up against my back- right down the middle, along my back bone. Anyway, it never did seem as warm as it did on the Claytor, though I never really gave it a cold night test. If memory serves, I ended up throwing my down vest in there between the quilt and hammock, thinking it might fluff up and fill that gap, and I think it did. I suspect this would solve the problem, but it's not really something you would want to have to do with a quilt that already had so much available warmth.

I think it might could be made to work a-ok with some more experimenting, but about that time I got the MWUQ, which fits the BMBH like a custom job, so I did not experiment with this combo anymore. But maybe I will later, it is something that I still wish would work OK. But there may be a problem with the shape of the occupied BMBH vs the shape of the Climashield WBUQ.

Let me know if the Yeti works better with the BMBH.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 04-16-2009 at 18:57.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast