DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
    Honestly, I don't know why this forum is not making a bigger deal about this. It's pretty revolutionary in terms of weight/warmth/price. Bird of prey is on to something big. I'm going to order two of these and see if I can do what B of P has done.
    the reason would be that it's been tried by many and yes it can work...but it's not the best solution it had many drawbacks ...
    it could work fine for warmer weather...but would you really trust this setup at 30 degrees ...i wouldn't
    2nd thing is condensation ...you will have problems with condensation using any type of space blanket ...and you don't want to deal with a wet sleepingbag/quilt in the middle of the woods on a really cold day
    yes you can vent it to help keep it down...bu again...more things to fiddle with
    3rd...if you rip it...there goes your UQ..theycan rip pretty easy yes f it's a small rip you could fix it...bu if you rip it in half...your done
    I'm sure there are more reasons why this idea never took off...

i'm not trying o shoot down the idea...i'm just pointing out the fact that i think just about all of us have tried it and there is a reason we all moved on to down or Synth UQ
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    8x10 made by me
    Insulation
    JRB winter UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    You can modify a sleeping bag either temporarily or permanently to be an under quilt.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12