WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    May I say how lucky you are that your spouse shares your camping and hanging enthusiasm. Sharing with the one you love makes everything so much better! I wish my wife would come with me on my camping trips.
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    Clark TX-250 with weathershield
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcavenagh View Post
    May I say how lucky you are that your spouse shares your camping and hanging enthusiasm. Sharing with the one you love makes everything so much better! I wish my wife would come with me on my camping trips.
    Thanks. I truly do appreciate how lucky I am. Of course, with us both addicted, it sure doesn't help the budget any!

My sister loves camping too, but married a guy who absolutely does not love camping (he said he did when they were dating though, LOL). She hasn't camped in years (partly because she still has little ones right now). I told her about hammock camping recently, and she is hoping that she can entice her hubby to camp at least occasionally with the comfort factor of hammocks, LOL. Fingers crossed for her!

Maybe your wife will change her mind someday?
    Last edited by RadicalHope; 11-03-2013 at 22:07.
    With a radical sense of hope, I strive for the seemingly impossible.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images

Both UPS and USPS are teasing us!

Clark was due Monday but it did not arrive. We stalked the mailman all day to no avail. Tracking finally shows it no where near us and no updated delivery date.

Blackbird was due Tuesday but updated tracking now shows Wednesday.

Anxious newbies might just die of anticipation and disappointment with these shipping delays.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Blackbird is on the truck and out for delivery! Clark has reached the sort facility here in Dayton.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl WBXLC
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I hope there are two trees about fifteen feet apart near your mailbox
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Give a man enough ripstop and he'll hang himself.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Usadave View Post
    I hope there are two trees about fifteen feet apart near your mailbox
    We only have one tree in our yard! We sank some poles in the backyard so we could create a "test kitchen".

Hammock
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    So, the bird and Clark arrived early last week and we have been busy testing gear out. Turns out we both love the Clark!

I really do love the blackbird and if I never tried the Clark, likely would have been content with it. There is one particularly nice sweet spot in it that is just amazing. A serious upgrade in comfort from the ENO.

That said, the Clark was just comfier all the way around. I'm a side sleeper and found it easier to get into a side position, comfier in the side position, and easier to switch positions in the Clark.

I also love how stable the Clark is. I can easily get inside my sleeping bag, move around and change positions, even change clothes. Doing these things in other hammocks is a little akin to tap dancing in a canoe.

There are other things I love about the Clark, like the weathershield... maybe I will write up a longer review at some point.

Hubby just did not fit at all in the Blackbird 1.1 DL. He would need to try an XLC to see if that design would work for him, but he is in love with his Clark, so at this point is a happy camper.

I have a Clark on order for myself now.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalHope View Post
    So, the bird and Clark arrived early last week and we have been busy testing gear out. Turns out we both love the Clark!

I really do love the blackbird and if I never tried the Clark, likely would have been content with it. There is one particularly nice sweet spot in it that is just amazing. A serious upgrade in comfort from the ENO.

That said, the Clark was just comfier all the way around. I'm a side sleeper and found it easier to get into a side position, comfier in the side position, and easier to switch positions in the Clark.

I also love how stable the Clark is. I can easily get inside my sleeping bag, move around and change positions, even change clothes. Doing these things in other hammocks is a little akin to tap dancing in a canoe.

There are other things I love about the Clark, like the weathershield... maybe I will write up a longer review at some point.

Hubby just did not fit at all in the Blackbird 1.1 DL. He would need to try an XLC to see if that design would work for him, but he is in love with his Clark, so at this point is a happy camper.

I have a Clark on order for myself now.
    Good to hear it was so easy for you to decide, both of you! I have never tried a Clark, and I really need to. Same for a Switchback. I need to know, but I don't want to spend more money or give more evidence to all my kin folks who think I am a nut!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 11-11-2013 at 14:12.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Good to hear it was so easy for you to decide, both of you! I have never tried a Clark, and I really need to. Same for a Switchback. I need to know, but I don't want to spend more money or give more evidence to all my kin folks who thin I am a nut!

I have no doubt that even though I love the Clark TX-250 and enjoy the WBBB, I will still continue to buy other hammocks to try. Curious minds want to know! My list includes the BIAS WWM, WL Snipe, and the Dream Hammocks. Of course for now, we plan to use the heck out of our Clarks and really learn some more of the ins and outs of hammock camping before spending more money. The poor savings account needs quite a bit of time to recover.

Everyone thinks my husband and I have gone nuts too. We have hanging points in our bedroom, living room, and family room.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123