Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    You might just try a bright color like yellow or orange, It doesn't necessairly need to be reflective, i can see our yellow guylilne at night from at least 5 feet away...plenty good to keep you from tripping over it.

Hammock
    Hennessy ULB-A
    Tarp
    OES/McCat Std
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Stock with biners
    I had this problem several years back... bought some Kelty Triptease Lightline for about $30. 50', I think I got. expensive anyway. lit my 6 tieout lines up like a laser lightshow... TOO much! currently, the 2 tieouts on the 'back' side of my setup (away from the fire pit) are white 3/16" cord. That's enough to see them. The two main head/foot tieouts are paracord. One of the 'near' side tieouts is paracord. the other is still Lightline, but only half of it.

You can also just buy some hunter's "Limb-Lights", which are a sort of twist tie with a rubberized reflective coating on it. You can just twist them around the middle of your tie out. (Hunters use them on tree limbs to find their way to/from hunting stands in the dark. You can see them for about 30 yards with no haze or obstructing branches.)

edit: just went back and re-read the whole thread. my apologies to 2Ply for repeating his/her idea.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird 11 ft.
    Tarp
    12 ft Tadpole
    Insulation
    EE TQ & UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Full Whoopie Hook

Glo Wire

I bought some Glo Wire from Lawson in the black midnight color. I've never used it until this weekend. The attached picture is in modified and what you see is pure Glo --- looks like this with very little light as a reflection source.

Remember this line is almost solid black with little silver bands in it, but boy does it light up when hit we a light source.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave "Tbird911"
    Knoxville, TN

Any Day Above Ground . . .

Hammock
    DYI gathered end
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* FJ & zep
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch Bckl
    Images
    I see you have a pair of sumglasses ther to keep from being blinded on your way back to the tarp at night. Smart Idea!!!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Bright colors that are not reflective is the key... That way they will not ruin your photos....JRB STL set are a high vis yellow with blue and turquiose to break up the yellow and no florescents to ruin the photos. http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/self-tensioning-lines/

Pan
    Last edited by Peter_pan; 11-13-2013 at 15:07. Reason: high vis lines
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Hennessy (with a few mods)
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajam'
    Insulation
    UK Hammocks FL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Although you've already got a lot of options on here, I find reflective lines too much. A bright colour works well and still shows up fine at night (most of the time I'm using my head torch anyhow). I'm using the orange version of this at the moment and it works really well (and weighs next to nothing) http://litetrail.com/shop/litetrail-...a-guyline-cord . Zing-it is another good choice too, the yellow is bright, it's super light and it's hollow braid so your guylines can be knot free too!

Hammock
    Henn Exp lite or WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopy on Kevlar
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Beardo View Post
    Although you've already got a lot of options on here, I find reflective lines too much. A bright colour works well and still shows up fine at night (most of the time I'm using my head torch anyhow). I'm using the orange version of this at the moment and it works really well (and weighs next to nothing) http://litetrail.com/shop/litetrail-...a-guyline-cord . Zing-it is another good choice too, the yellow is bright, it's super light and it's hollow braid so your guylines can be knot free too!
    I got 100 feet of Warbonnets with my superfly and it is 20% cheaper at $20. I also bought 9" glow in the dark pegs on amazon. Am going to take two on my next hike one for each of the outer guy lines they are lighter than the aluminum msr pegs an with a flat head probably safer in the event someone does fall on them. I am also going to drop my small spade from my kit as the two large plastic pegs should be enough to dig a cat hole and save another 4 oz. will follow up and let you know how long they are visible and how sturdy they are

Dutchware is having a sale. Check out their Zing It line.

http://dutchwaregear.com/
    There's no excuse for laziness...

but, if you find one, let me know.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    various UGQ's
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbird911 View Post
    I bought some Glo Wire from Lawson in the black midnight color. I've never used it until this weekend. The attached picture is in modified and what you see is pure Glo --- looks like this with very little light as a reflection source.

Remember this line is almost solid black with little silver bands in it, but boy does it light up when hit we a light source.
    That stuff works great

Hammock
    DIY 11.5' gathered end
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly,Kelty16
    Insulation
    0* Lewis
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64 WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurr View Post
    Nite Ize lightens it up no doubt but seemed to tangle easy at least for me. Switched to zing it but like the reflective tape idea and may have to give that a go..
    I just put Nite Ize, with plastic fig 9s, on my HH Hex, so far so good, but yes I can see that stuff is tangley.

Even if I were to change out the line again, I would leave a small 2-3 inch loop of Nite Ize on my Stakes, that has saved me a few times, when I put them down and can't find them at night.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast