Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Catavarie, it looks like plenty of folks are willling to chip in and help. Would this help keep the hang on? Would you still be able to attend?
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigger View Post
    I knew this was going to happen. I am in. We have a great opportunity to talk it out at Yates Place. WhooooooBuddy!!!!!
    That sounds like a good plan. But if the site gets taken before then we might have to pick a different date.

I will help make it happen. It may be that enough of us need to come up with some reservations money and if so I am contributing. Perhaps a pm will be the best way to deal with this?

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    First let me say, that everyone here is awesome for wanting to keep this hang on the books. This sort of attitude is really what makes HF such a wonderful place. And yes if it can be pulled off I should be able to attend.

As for the logistics the biggest thing is the site reservation. At this point only 1 site is left (site 4 where we stayed last year) the only other sites still available in the area are at another camp ground about 15 minutes away from where we were last year. At Shinleaf Campground on Falls Lake.

The sites cost around $100 a piece for the weekend ($45 for the site and $3 for processing fee per site) and I'm honestly surprised they haven't all been grabbed up already as the group sites are heavily used by scout troops and other organizations in the area. (Sites are good for up to 35 campers each.)

Running the raffle is fairly straight forward to do, last year we were blessed to have donations from many of the attendees as well as Hammock Gear, 2QZQ, Dutch, BIAS, Underground Quilts and Appalachian Hammocks. (I really hope I didn't forget anyone. ) If whoever wants to run the raffle would like to contact vendors for donations now would certainly be the time to do so. Or Simply have a trade blanket style raffle where the attendees bring items for the raffle.

Firewood is fairly plentiful to purchase in the area for not a terrible price.

My biggest worry last year with the food was, would it be done in time. I'll be honest until it was ready to come off the grill last year I thought it wouldn't be done in time. But everyone came together and made a fantastic feast for us all to enjoy, and didn't hear anyone complain about not getting enough.

So there's my thoughts on what was needed last year, and I'm still not certain that I did things the best way possible, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and that was the point. If I think of anything else I will post that a bit later. Thank you again everyone for you well wishes and your support.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR &amp; Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonepile View Post
    That sounds like a good plan. But if the site gets taken before then we might have to pick a different date.

I have a quick trip to the north end of Chatham County tomorrow so maybe I can go on up to the ranger station, I have a map, and put down a deposit for site 4. Hope they did not have someone on standby for it.

I have a quick trip to the north end of Chatham County tomorrow so maybe I can go on up to the ranger station, I have a map, and put down a deposit for site 4. Hope they did not have someone on standby for it.
    I'll put a check in the mail to help pay for reservation.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    That would be great. Then you could get reimbursed from those of us at Yates Place who are going to the Smoked Hang.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonepile View Post
    That would be great. Then you could get reimbursed from those of us at Yates Place who are going to the Smoked Hang.
    +1 on that idea!

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    So my concern is that last year we had more campers than one site could "hold", so we had 2 sites. Although most people camped around Site 4, we did have site 3 as well to keep things kosher.

Each site is limited to 35 people and 20 vehicles. At this point it looks like there is around 20 people signed up to stay on the spreadsheet, but as the date grows closer that number is likely to rise.

It maybe prudent to consider moving the location this year, although I'm not certain of facilities at Shinleaf Group site I can drive by and check those out today.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Images
    Sounds like we need some recon. I seem to remember you're good at that

Are the two sites in the same section of the lake, or rather, behind the same gate?
    I'm wondering if that will be an issue. If people at one site want to stay late at the other and then go back to their hammocks, can they get to it after the park closes?

With vehicles staged appropriately that can be worked around.

All I hate to say is, this better happen (and I'm certainly willing to help). Now that I'm no longer working 3rd shift I can attend proper and not just visit. I want to put my chili recipe up against the others.

Oh wait... I don't actually have a chili recipe... hmmm, going to have to work on that.

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast