Woobie pack size please?

know they weight about 23 ounces...

But how small can they be compressed too...

Alternate between hanging and ground, so looking as convert one to synthetic TQ to use instead of current down sleeping bag or down TQ as my intended use may be with reasonable exposure to water.....

Hammock
    Hennessy ULB-A
    Tarp
    OES/McCat Std
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Stock with biners
    I just went and got mine out of the drawer... rolls up to about as thick as a Nalgene, and a little longer, maybe 14".

IMHO, it's a poor replacement for a down TQ though... I find mine chilly below about 60*F... ymmv.

Don't really want to start the old 'down vs synthetic' argument with anyone, so this will be my only comment... I'm 49. In 40+ years of outdoor recreating, including a metric butt-ton of canoe trips, I have never, once, never-ever gotten a wet sleeping bag. It's a no-fail point that you'd better not screw up. I always carry my down sleeping bag and UQ in a couple of those green walmart waterproof bags (from the set of three they sell, large green, medium orange, small blue). If canoeing, these go inside a drybag (currently an Ozark Trail 35l bag). If backpacking, I use a large black trashbag for a bag liner. The "danger" is over-rated. I would personally stick with the down TQ.
    Last edited by Seeker; 11-10-2013 at 15:12.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Stuffing it pretty hard, you can get one down to about a liter and an half. Wouldn't want to keep it there for longer than to hike from one point to another, mind you.

Personally, I find that mine's good down to ~40* F without supplementary insulation or clothing. But I'm an human furnace, so...

I haven't tried using mine soaking wet; the one time I let it get that wet, I was in a situation where I had the opportunity to bail during daylight and not bailing was a bad idea. So...no data there, except to say that it took ~1 hour of direct sunlight at ~75* F to feel dry to my hand (left it up another hour just to be safe).

Hope it helps!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

• + New Posts